Socal: recommend me a shop to get my resonator removed

Rommy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan LX 6MT
Country flag
As the title states, I want to get my resonator removed to get a deeper, throatier sound without having to wait 6-12 months and pay an arm and a leg for an exhaust for my Si sedan. Anyone know where to go to get some decent, affordable work done? Wouldn't mind getting the ugly HDMI exhaust tip swapped to a better looking dual pipe exhaust look too, but not looking to get rid of stock mufflers as I don't want it excessively loud. Any ideas, folks? I'm in LA.
Sponsored

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I would like to know as well. Subscribing to this thread.

AJ28

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2017
Country flag
As the title states, I want to get my resonator removed to get a deeper, throatier sound without having to wait 6-12 months and pay an arm and a leg for an exhaust for my Si sedan. Anyone know where to go to get some decent, affordable work done? Wouldn't mind getting the ugly HDMI exhaust tip swapped to a better looking dual pipe exhaust look too, but not looking to get rid of stock mufflers as I don't want it excessively loud. Any ideas, folks? I'm in LA.
I live in the SFV and got it done in 10 minutes for $50. Just resonator, it sounds deeper and not as raspy which is to my likings.

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring.' 06 Lexus Is250.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dmc exhaustwerkes

zerogravity

Just for fun.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.calraceway.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly any Muffler shop can remove your resonator and weld on a pipe in place of it. With that being said, Mike's Muffler in El monte has done work for me as well as Plaza Muffler in Orange, CA.
Now if you want Reputable Tuner shops that will TIG WELD, Top End Performace in North Hollywood, Chris Eimer Fab in Anaheim, Mckinney Motorsports in Temecula, and Project Import in Orange will Tig weld but you are probably talking $250+ for this compared to $60 at an average Muffler Shop.

Reactions: bri

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring.' 06 Lexus Is250.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live in the SFV and got it done in 10 minutes for $50. Just resonator, it sounds deeper and not as raspy which is to my likings.
SFV? I highly recommend Koko at Supertuning in Van Nuys also

rwnl2012

HDMI Butt
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si Coupe, 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 650
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Subscribing to this as well! Anyone have recommendations for the LA/626 Area?

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I was thinking of replacing the resonator with a glass pack. My car is a lease, which isnt up til 2020, but next year I'm going to try and trade it for a 6MT (currently a CVT). Was thinking a glass pack might give it a little more low end while keeping the stock exhaust and I'd be able to replace the stock resonator when I turn it in. Thoughts on the glass pack replacing the resonator?

OP
OP

Rommy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan LX 6MT
Country flag
I was thinking of replacing the resonator with a glass pack. My car is a lease, which isnt up til 2020, but next year I'm going to try and trade it for a 6MT (currently a CVT). Was thinking a glass pack might give it a little more low end while keeping the stock exhaust and I'd be able to replace the stock resonator when I turn it in. Thoughts on the glass pack replacing the resonator?
Why not just remove the resonator? It's not going to make a huge difference in sound, just give you a deeper rumble. You can always put it back on. Mine is a lease too, but I might buy it out... but why spend extra money on the glass pack when you can just put the resonator back later?

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Why not just remove the resonator? It's not going to make a huge difference in sound, just give you a deeper rumble. You can always put it back on. Mine is a lease too, but I might buy it out... but why spend extra money on the glass pack when you can just put the resonator back later?
Actually I think I'm going to get a muffler delete instead.

OP
OP

Rommy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan LX 6MT
Country flag
So... Just got back from DMC Exhaust Werks. Totally recommend the shop. Chill people, great work, attention to detail, overall great experience. Only $50!

For those of you wanting to do a resonator delete, I'd say go for it. It makes the car sound like it should've from the factory. No drone, just a bit more of a louder, deeper growl. If stock is a 1 out of 10 on the loudness scale, then a resonator delete would be a 3 out of 10. Definitely worth it. I'll be going back to them to get rid of the horrid HDMI tip too eventually.
Sponsored