Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
That's my point, hence the irony. "That guy in his Camry (haha) is driving it like race car! I'll show him, in my Honda Civic!"

TL;DR: Guy in slower car feels threatened by guy in faster car and must show him who's the real king of the road while being a massive hypocrite.
I get it, I was agreeing with you :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
You just don’t compare a appliance Camry to a sporty Si, you just don’t. I couldnt care less if it had 500hp. it’s a Camry, folks

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And yet it's faster.
Big deal about faster. Faster doesn’t always mean a better driving car. There are many suvs that are faster than our Sis, but are they fun to drive...no. The Camry is a BORING appliance

Last edited:

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I agree, but the gis
Big deal about faster. Faster doesn’t always mean a better driving car. There are many suvs that are faster than our Sis, but are they fun to drive...no. The Camry is a BORING appliance
I agree, but the gist of this thread is basically that the Civic is faster, and that a Camry shouldn't be trying to race a Civic.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agreed. There are plenty of cars on the road that the Si shouldn’t mix it up with, Camry included. BTW, what’s the Camry V6 top speed?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. There are plenty of cars on the road that the Si shouldn’t mix it up with, Camry included. BTW, what’s the Camry V6 top speed?
136 mph... governor limited.

Last edited:

Civicbruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Kawasaki ZX6R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think this happens all the time with the younger crowd not particularly limited to the type of vehicle. Whenever I go out on a Friday night ride with my ZX6R, every car wants to race you. Usually it will be some lower end model with a barely out of high school guy trying to impress his girlfriend thinking they have a chance. The higher end cars, as the owners are a bit older, don't tend to pull the same douchary.

VooDoo1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I say head for the twisties, push the sport button, and say "Bye Bye Camry!"

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but I see people in the 2.0 10th gen base Civics driving around like maniacs all the time. I guess they think their 158hp "beast" is a sports car. :)

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I looked into the new Camry. On the Camry forum they're complaining about the transmission, it lurches and can't decide what gear to shift into. Some have sold their new cars. One online review put it this way:

"But then there’s the transmission, which needs an exorcism.

Remember, this is the SE trim -- the sporty model -- and its agonizing transmission programming suggests the LE will be almost undrivable. In D, the car seems to upshift to fourth by 20 mph, and any attempt to accelerate is met with a yawn and multiple downshifts. It's like piloting a steamship; you have to call down to the engine room for more power, then wait for the boilers to respond."

Read more: https://autoweek.com/article/car-re...ials-mostly-good-few-exceptions#ixzz5VG9s1h9bhttps://autoweek.com/article/car-reviews/2018-toyota-camry-se-essentials-mostly-good-few-exceptions
The Camry SE was not designed to be a sports car, it was designed to be "slightly sportier" and to address the boring aspect . It only has a 2.5L 203 HP engine, it's pretty heavy, especially compared to a Civic. If you drive it normally, it is very smooth and quiet, and lasts forever. It was not made to race or drive aggressively (that would be the V6 models such as the XLE or XSE) and unless you really need to pass, it is foolish to drive it aggressively. I test drove a 2018, and man it is a nice car to drive, again normally. The reason I bought the Si over it was 1. the Si was $2500 cheaper and 2. The Si had a 6 speed MT! The manual got me, man!!

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
luispe7

luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The Camry SE was not designed to be a sports car, it was designed to be "slightly sportier" and to address the boring aspect . It only has a 2.5L 203 HP engine, it's pretty heavy, especially compared to a Civic. If you drive it normally, it is very smooth and quiet, and lasts forever. It was not made to race or drive aggressively (that would be the V6 models such as the XLE or XSE) and unless you really need to pass, it is foolish to drive it aggressively. I test drove a 2018, and man it is a nice car to drive, again normally. The reason I bought the Si over it was 1. the Si was $2500 cheaper and 2. The Si had a 6 speed MT! The manual got me, man!!
Not to mention the comunity and the mods that are everywhere because everyone makes performance parts for the Civic Si
Sponsored