So I ceramic coated my Si

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
CeramicPro Silver applied on my car in August 2018, including all window surfaces. Headlights and Fog-lights have PPF + CeramicPro applied to them. Definitely worth it! my local installer, CeramicPro Etobicoke did a fantastic job, kept me in the loop throughout the process, and it's worked as advertised :)

Cost: $1,000 CAD. Additional value is the paint correction and detail prior to applying the CeramicPro, which in itself runs for around $500 from detailing shops in the Toronto area. I get weekly compliments on how clean my car is (even in the Winter), and love how orange peel has been dramatically reduced.

IMG_20190316_090224.jpg

20180826_194622.jpg

20180826_194545.jpg
I'm not sure how you do this. I have the same color car and went with ceramic pro gold... and my car is constantly filthy. I do keep mine outside in the driveway but it looks just as dirty as any other car I've ever owned. Sure when I wash it, it looks very shiny but doesn't last long.

I had read that ceramic coatings make the paint so smooth and slippery that dirt, debris, grime etc slide right off even under just a hose. I haven't found this to be the case whatsoever.

How often do you wash it? 2 bucket method?
Sponsored

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure how you do this. I have the same color car and went with ceramic pro gold... and my car is constantly filthy. I do keep mine outside in the driveway but it looks just as dirty as any other car I've ever owned. Sure when I wash it, it looks very shiny but doesn't last long.

I had read that ceramic coatings make the paint so smooth and slippery that dirt, debris, grime etc slide right off even under just a hose. I haven't found this to be the case whatsoever.

How often do you wash it? 2 bucket method?
Mind you, this picture was taken right after picking it up so it was extremely shiny! I use the touchless car wash once a week, and the shine and cleanliness is 95% restored as it would if my CeramicPro guy was to wash it himself. I've got my 6-month followup this month, and I have no doubt it'll look like new again.

A tip for you and everyone doing any ceramic coating themselves or by a professional is that the car needs to be paint corrected first prior to the coating is applied. The hydrophobic properties are still as good as ever, water beads on all surfaces, and overall a worthwhile investment.

MtnBikeAZ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I put two coats of ceramic on my Si in December. I used Color N Drive Ceramic Coating, which I ordered from Amazon. My car stays cleaner longer and it’s crazy hydrophobic. I did not coat the glass, the directions for that brand of coating say not to. I’m very happy with the results!

Honda Civic 10th gen So I ceramic coated my Si BBFB93D6-C9A4-4B1D-B148-6BA5CF953634

Honda Civic 10th gen So I ceramic coated my Si 725BC11A-5876-4E0E-8ABC-80A4B283D73F

si_zaleski

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si MSM
Country flag
CeramicPro Silver applied on my car in August 2018, including all window surfaces. Headlights and Fog-lights have PPF + CeramicPro applied to them. Definitely worth it! my local installer, CeramicPro Etobicoke did a fantastic job, kept me in the loop throughout the process, and it's worked as advertised :)

Cost: $1,000 CAD. Additional value is the paint correction and detail prior to applying the CeramicPro, which in itself runs for around $500 from detailing shops in the Toronto area. I get weekly compliments on how clean my car is (even in the Winter), and love how orange peel has been dramatically reduced.

IMG_20190316_090224.jpg

20180826_194622.jpg

20180826_194545.jpg
Hey man can I bother you & ask what rims those are ?!

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man can I bother you & ask what rims those are ?!
These are Konig Ampliforms in 18x8.5 ET35. Sold them recently to pave way for a new set, but I really do miss them!
Sponsored