I traded in my Si..

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I really enjoyed my time behind the BRZ's equivalent (86). I was never in the market for one due to the seating arrangement. But the chassis felt very balanced, with a motor that reminded me of the days of my 00 Si.

As a driver's car, my only real gripe was the shifter felt like rowing through oatmeal lol. In any case, congrats on the pickup. :cool:
Sponsored

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
Congrats.. should be fun driving around the mountains in rear wheel.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I really enjoyed my time behind the BRZ's equivalent (86). I was never in the market for one due to the seating arrangement. But the chassis felt very balanced, with a motor that reminded me of the days of my 00 Si.

As a driver's car, my only real gripe was the shifter felt like rowing through oatmeal lol. In any case, congrats on the pickup. :cool:
What was the consistency of the oatmeal?

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
Country flag
I was really thinking about getting an MX-5 RF. The body roll and no back seats is what made me decide not to get one, since it would be my only vehicle. I may pick one up in the future though.
I understand that completely. It snows here 6 months a year and while I drove my 2006 MX-5 in the winter, I wouldn't really want an MX-5 as my only vehicle unless it was sunny all year round.

I think OP and I made a mistake :bow:
Disagree. The BRZ (and MX-5) aren't numbers cars. They are also best lightly modified. The MX-5 is even slower than the BRZ but it's well known that the soft, floppy factory suspension needs to go in order to be fast around the track. My 2010 MX-5, with only bolt ons such as coilovers, sways, header, exhaust, ECU tune and wider wheels and tires could keep up with a lot of faster cars around the track. It would dominate locally at autocross too.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like the title says, I traded in my ā€˜18 Si for a new BRZ limited with performance pack. Itā€™s the best trade Iā€™ve ever done, the BRZ takes what I loved about the Si to a whole new level!

086523B5-BF35-4A9B-92AF-7CD801C9CF0D.jpeg
If I didn't need a large back seat, trunk space, etc. this would have been on my short list. Enjoy!

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
I have lots and lots of hours in an FR-S and BRZ. Fantastic chassis in search of a better engine. I also drove a 305whp one with an HKS turbo kit, coilovers, and lots more rubber. Thatā€™s what these cars should be!

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have lots and lots of hours in an FR-S and BRZ. Fantastic chassis in search of a better engine. I also drove a 305whp one with an HKS turbo kit, coilovers, and lots more rubber. Thatā€™s what these cars should be!
Sounds like you need the new Supra lol.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I also drove a 305whp one with an HKS turbo kit, coilovers, and lots more rubber. Thatā€™s what these cars should be!
So how would you compare that one to the CTR? (i.e. FWD vs RWD) Just curious

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
So how would you compare that one to the CTR? (i.e. FWD vs RWD) Just curious
Itā€™s lighter and faster than the CTR for sure. Itā€™s aftermarket, so the total drivability isnā€™t there like in the CTR. Traction is very much an issue. I wouldnā€™t trade my CTR for it, though. That boxer is beyond compromised when stretched that far.

My ultimate go fast four cylinder choice will always be the Evo. Best by far, IMO. Chassis and driveline laugh at 550HP.

MONK13

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC Si
Country flag
I was really thinking about getting an MX-5 RF. The body roll and no back seats is what made me decide not to get one, since it would be my only vehicle. I may pick one up in the future though.
Ditto. Chose my Si over the Miata MX-5 Grand Touring.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea youā€™re right, thatā€™s why I picked the Si originally. I had the Si for a year and something was still missing for me. I picked it for more logical/practical reasons but my heart belonged else where lol. Iā€™m happier with the BRZ and itā€™s more my kind of car. Plus, I knew no matter how much I built out the Si it would always be wrong wheel drive!
Wrong wheel drive? No, just another valid design that when optimized delivers great grip and performance, and can even be rotated if you know how. That said, I totally get the BRZ. It is beautiful, and the handling is something special. Enjoy.

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
On the BRZ, think about getting the Open Flash and E85 kit, wakes the car right up, puts it closer to where it should be
Sponsored