First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civis Si Sedan
Country flag
Even despite the LSD?
Yup. I like to get the back end out for the occasional drift and you just can’t do that with the Si. It doesn’t even have a conventional hand brake. I had Ktuner with the TSP stage 1 tune and every time the front tires broke loose it drove me nuts. Too boring and predictable.
Sponsored

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I would still be driving a BRZ if it wasn’t for a back issues. The car is huge fun. It’s not a straight line car, but will roast a lot of others on a twisty drive, just gotta learn to keep it on the boil. The torque dip is hilarious, just get the open flash tablet, get rid of most of the dip and you’re through it in a second or so anyway, an that’s only on the way to the higher RPMs anyway. Gorgeous car, great fun, but lacked a sunroof and apple car play.

OP
OP

slinarez12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civis Si Sedan
Country flag
I would still be driving a BRZ if it wasn’t for a back issues. The car is huge fun. It’s not a straight line car, but will roast a lot of others on a twisty drive, just gotta learn to keep it on the boil. The torque dip is hilarious, just get the open flash tablet, get rid of most of the dip and you’re through it in a second or so anyway, an that’s only on the way to the higher RPMs anyway. Gorgeous car, great fun, but lacked a sunroof and apple car play.
Yea I’m going to look into the open flash tablet. And it has apple car play now :thumbsup:

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
If it’s got a wing it’s got my vote:thumbsup: Always liked the small BRZ 86 twins. It’s when people trade an Si for a fat Accord that’s:nono:

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Good car, I've test driven one. Even though the performance numbers are very similar to the Si's (minus the lateral g's at .90 vs the Si's .97) it still felt noticeably slower. I'll say your trade was a lateral move, didnt trade up or down IMO. Equally performing and equally fun cars, but fun and performance delivered in their own way.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I would have been very interested in one of these if there were more back seat space. The Si Coupe has enough space for my kids to get in and grow when the family goes out for dinner or whatever. The BRZ/86 couldn't have fit a baby. I was very interested due to the look and RWD... I hope it's fun for you!

Crazy Vaclav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MX-5 PRHT
Country flag
Funny, I came from the other direction sorta. Had a 2013 FRS and now Civic Si which is a way better vehicle for my lifestyle
Same but mine was a 2015 FRS. Kiddos didn't fit so well in the back and I didn't enjoy the compound bow-esque clutch. I did like the car though.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The LSD is great, but it's a completely different feeling when the front wheels are not working two jobs.

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
Country flag
The LSD is great, but it's a completely different feeling when the front wheels are not working two jobs.
Agreed. I have no issue with FWD as a daily and even plan to autocross my 2019 Si when it arrives but it's only a placeholder until my new MX-5 arrives. RWD is the way to go. I like the BRZ a lot but I like the MX-5 a lot more. Especially when modified.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nice. I was actually debating on getting a new brz with a performance package and boosting it instead of buying the Z but ultimately decided against it because "carb".
They are so fun to drive but it's just way too slow for me in stock form :(

Loved my 350z and handling was amazing but it just wasnt practical long term. I must say, even though i lost roughly 100hp and 80ft lbs of torque IMO going from NA to Turbo really helped with the transition. I mean who doesnt love the sound of a turbo lol I guess you have the best of both worlds with a 370z and CTR!:respect:

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Beautiful ride! Glad that you enjoy it and it fits what you're looking for. I'm in the same boat as a lot of people. I didn't like the power it provides, but over all a beautiful car and a nice chassis. Enjoy it!

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Agreed. I have no issue with FWD as a daily and even plan to autocross my 2019 Si when it arrives but it's only a placeholder until my new MX-5 arrives. RWD is the way to go. I like the BRZ a lot but I like the MX-5 a lot more. Especially when modified.
I was really thinking about getting an MX-5 RF. The body roll and no back seats is what made me decide not to get one, since it would be my only vehicle. I may pick one up in the future though.

Vmac

First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
My final two choices for a commuter car were an SI and an 86. Being a lifelong Honda customer certainly makes me bias, but I was actually leaning 86 at first. The local Toyota dealer was not nearly as accommodating as the Honda dealer, so the price ended up being a small factor in the SI's favor. And the mpg difference was definitely a factor. Performance felt very similar to me... though I really enjoyed the power delivery of the turbo. And.I was impressed with the LSD (easily the best FWD I've driven). So, ended up with SI. A more aggressive dealer could have changed history, though!

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
I would have been very interested in one of these if there were more back seat space. The Si Coupe has enough space for my kids to get in and grow when the family goes out for dinner or whatever. The BRZ/86 couldn't have fit a baby. I was very interested due to the look and RWD... I hope it's fun for you!
Same here I tried sitting in the backseat of one of those and I realized its completely useless if you need to commute with a baby in a car seat from time to time. I do love how they look its a beautiful car but it does not fit my lifestyle.
Sponsored