Smartphone compatibility list

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Nexus 6P on (stock) Android 7.1.1. Can do all the things listed in OP. Works fine over BT, and Android Auto
Sponsored

techbrute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback, 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL, 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring
Since I previously posted, I've encountered issues with my Civic infotainment system. Sometimes, when I plug in the phone, it isn't recognized. Also, it seems to have some affinity for Pandora. I don't use Pandora, and the last time I had listened to it was 2014, but now it wants to play Pandora every time the phone connects, via Bluetooth or via USB/Carplay. I'll probably just uninstall Pandora, but it's weird that the car does this.

mb411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport, Sonic Pearl, CVT, 20% Tint all around, Aftermarket HID 6k kit
Country flag
Hello, what about starting a compatibility list of Smartphones (Android, Apple and Windows Phone) with the Civic X infotainement ? (sorry if this list exists elsewhere on the forum, didn't found it)

Question is simple: Whats the name of your smartphone and is it fully compatible ? (Importing phone's contacts, making phone call, listening to music, Android auto or Apple Carplay etc etc).
If not, what's the problem ?

PS: Will reply as soon as I'll received my Civic :D
Funny I see this thread now. My 2016 Civic Sport is currently at the dealer and they called to tell me that my phone is not compatible. The bluetooth connects and I can listen to music but I cannot make or answer ANY phone calls. My phone is a Nextbit Robin so yeah, the system is fairly finicky when it come to phone calls. :(

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I find it bizarre that this unit as issues with Android given it is an Android based software being utilized. At the same time, I have enough experience to know that Android is generally cutting edge but more buggy when it comes to these issues. I have a rooted 7.1.1. custom ROM on my phone, but I have to force change the USB input in order to get Android auto to work. This system still has a ways to go before it is ready for prime time.

Also, the unit has wifi capabilities so I'm not sure why the dealer has to do software updates rather than just downloading it directly to the head unit. Just get the car either in your house with wifi or office if you have a broadcast and update that way. That would make this unit easier to work.

mb411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport, Sonic Pearl, CVT, 20% Tint all around, Aftermarket HID 6k kit
Country flag
I find it bizarre that this unit as issues with Android given it is an Android based software being utilized. At the same time, I have enough experience to know that Android is generally cutting edge but more buggy when it comes to these issues. I have a rooted 7.1.1. custom ROM on my phone, but I have to force change the USB input in order to get Android auto to work. This system still has a ways to go before it is ready for prime time.

Also, the unit has wifi capabilities so I'm not sure why the dealer has to do software updates rather than just downloading it directly to the head unit. Just get the car either in your house with wifi or office if you have a broadcast and update that way. That would make this unit easier to work.
I think that is the issue with mine bc I have a Custom ROM as well. Can't prove it, but that is my theory.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I think that is the issue with mine bc I have a Custom ROM as well. Can't prove it, but that is my theory.
It should not be a problem. What ROM are you running ? Also are you using AOSP or something CM based ?

I was just looking at what is available for your device. The only one I'd use is Dirty Unicorns which is AOSP based and their product is generally very good. Although they may still only be on 6.0

Everything else that is available for your phone, Resurrection Remix, AOKP, Lineage, etc I could see causing issues.

mb411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It should not be a problem. What ROM are you running ? Also are you using AOSP or something CM based ?

I was just looking at what is available for your device. The only one I'd use is Dirty Unicorns which is AOSP based and their product is generally very good. Although they may still only be on 6.0

Everything else that is available for your phone, Resurrection Remix, AOKP, Lineage, etc I could see causing issues.

Yeah I am on Resurrection Remix - its been one of the best ROMS IMO. This is the first issue. :/

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Yeah I am on Resurrection Remix - its been one of the best ROMS IMO. This is the first issue. :/
I'm pretty sure it is an issue with the base that Resurrection Remix is using CM or now as Lineage. If you went stock or another ROM it might not be an issue. Unfortunately there is very little development it seems for your device. Until they get that bug out of the base being used it'll likely have issues.

I have CDMA, but if I were in your situation with GSM, I'd consider a One Plus 3T at some point . You have more selection with ROMs, plus the hardware is very good.

mb411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm pretty sure it is an issue with the base that Resurrection Remix is using CM or now as Lineage. If you went stock or another ROM it might not be an issue. Unfortunately there is very little development it seems for your device. Until they get that bug out of the base being used it'll likely have issues.

I have CDMA, but if I were in your situation with GSM, I'd consider a One Plus 3T at some point . You have more selection with ROMs, plus the hardware is very good.
Went back to stock Nextbit OS and everything works perfectly now. May try and work with Dirty Unicorn later in the furture, but for now, I am happy. Thanks!

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Went back to stock Nextbit OS and everything works perfectly now. May try and work with Dirty Unicorn later in the furture, but for now, I am happy. Thanks!

No problem. That's what I thought is that it's a base problem. You should still be able to root your phone even though you are on stock and still be fine. Flash SU if you want.

kolokot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T
Country flag
I have Nexus 6P and ever since it updated to Android 7.1.1, the system stopped recognizing my phone. I plug it in, but the system tells me to connect. I tried everything, from factory reset of my phone to changing a bunch of different cables, nothing works. Curiously enough, my wife who insists on using her old Nexus 4, has no problems. I wonder if there is an update for the firmware from Honda, maybe it can help. Otherwise, I connect with Bluetooth with no problems.

OP
OP
Nanucq

Nanucq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 HB Sport Plus 6MT White
Finally, I can report that my Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 and my Honor 5C are working flawlessly :)

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I just decided to fall into what the rest of the world views as the stereotypical American and buy something I totally don't need recently (formal term is "excess"). Picked up a Google Pixel and it's working great. No more stuttering or lagging like the Nexuses before (still love). They would work great for a month or so then get more bloated than Rosie O'Donnell on Thanksgiving, so you'd have to wipe the OS and re-flash then good to go.

Nothing wrong with my old phones, just love Android and smartphones. Not into drones, computers, etc.....just Android. Not a fan of the other Android makers like Samsung, LG, etc....nothing wrong with them, I just prefer Google's pure product they sell direct.

Regrettably, I will be most likely engaging in the exact same behavior come later this year when the Google Pixel 2 comes out. Maybe I can just copy and paste this post and replace the words "Pixel" with "Pixel 2".

mb411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just decided to fall into what the rest of the world views as the stereotypical American and buy something I totally don't need recently (formal term is "excess"). Picked up a Google Pixel and it's working good. No more stuttering or lagging like the Nexuses before (still love). They would work great for a month or so then get more bloated than Rosie O'Donnell on Thanksgiving, so you'd have to wipe the OS and re-flash then good to do.

Nothing wrong with my old phones, just love Android and smartphones. Not into drones, computers, etc.....just Android. Not a fan of the other Android makers like Samsung, LG, etc....nothing wrong with them, I just prefer Google's pure product they sell direct.

Regrettably, I will be most likely engaging in the exact same behavior come later this year when the Google Pixel 2 comes out. Maybe I can just copy and paste this post and replace the words "Pixel" with "Pixel 2".
See, I feel the same way. The only non-google stock android system I like is the Cloud based system on my Nextbit Robin which works way better than I was thinking. What size & color did you get?
Sponsored