SI Price Quotes and Allocation

methan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan - MSM
Country flag
So, what kind of pricing are you all looking at? Or is it "wait and see" once it gets on the lot?
Sponsored

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Dealers do not place orders, they request preference on a car. If every dealer in the country has a request in for a CW SI Sedan, they go to the highest turnover dealers first then down the line.

"Ordering" a car from Honda doesn't mean shit, you get what you get when you get it and it has little to do with what the dealership has requested.

If the car has been allocated to the dealership, just not produced yet, that is a different story.
Hmm so I don't really understand. So when the dealer tells me they will be receiving a white sedan, there is a chance it might not actually be white? Cause even the competitor has told me there is only one white coming which would be the dealer im shopping at.

Unless you were assuming that I was going to the dealership and demanding only the white one?

But reading again, I think that last statement is correct. It's part of their allocated inventory but it's just not on production cause there were two other sedans coming before (all within the next week)

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
So is it wrong or possibly illegal to force the document fees onto me? If I can get out of that and use the $500 for graduating (just got an AA in community) I could be $500 under... which would be amazing.
Here in Texas, a dealer can legally charge a documentary fee of up to $50 with no additional action required. If they charge between $51 and $150, they have to tell the State they're doing it. If they charge more than $150, they have to submit a cost analysis pleading their justification to the State for review. Needless to say, "doc fees" in Texas don't exceed $150. ;)

http://occc.texas.gov/sites/default...es/b16-5-mvsf-doc-fee-filing-instructions.pdf

Note that the State does not require doc fees, but they allow them so most dealers charge them. Different states have different laws. Some states prohibit doc fees altogether while others can charge $1,500 or more. No states require doc fees. Simply put, a "doc fee" is just added dealer markup - it's a way to get more profit by coining an official-sounding term to nothing but pure profit for the dealer.

Most dealers will insist they have to charge a doc fee, but that's only partially true. Usually, once a dealership establishes a doc fee, they must charge every customer the same amount without exception. However, since this is pure profit for the dealer, they can eliminate it by reducing the price of the vehicle by the amount of the doc fee. In other words, the doc fee must appear on the paperwork, but the dealer is free to adjust the price of the car or offer other incentives or discounts to offset it.

If a purchase agreement is made for $24,775 then the dealer adds on a mandatory doc fee when it comes time to enter the F&I office, then they need to adjust the selling price down to $24,275 so they can still show the $500 doc fee and your'e not paying more than agreed.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hmm so I don't really understand. So when the dealer tells me they will be receiving a white sedan, there is a chance it might not actually be white? Cause even the competitor has told me there is only one white coming which would be the dealer im shopping at.

Unless you were assuming that I was going to the dealership and demanding only the white one?

But reading again, I think that last statement is correct. It's part of their allocated inventory but it's just not on production cause there were two other sedans coming before (all within the next week)
Once a specific vehicle appears in a dealer's allocation, they'll probably get it. Once it shows "in-transit", they'll definitely get it.

See this post for more information on how it works:

http://www.civicx.com/threads/si-sighting-dealer-lot-photo-thread.11476/page-19#post-209915

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Once a specific vehicle appears in a dealer's allocation, they'll probably get it. Once it shows "in-transit", they'll definitely get it.

See this post for more information on how it works:

http://www.civicx.com/threads/si-sighting-dealer-lot-photo-thread.11476/page-19#post-209915
Sounds good. Wish me luck then! Going to dealership right now to test drive a red coupe. I will ask them if it's possible to swap with another dealer so I can get a white one faster. Do you think I should negotiate the terms of purchase now or until the car actually arrives?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds good. Wish me luck then! Going to dealership right now to test drive a red coupe. I will ask them if it's possible to swap with another dealer so I can get a white one faster. Do you think I should negotiate the terms of purchase now or until the car actually arrives?
It may be possible to swap a factory order with another dealer through Honda if both dealers agree and neither has shipped. It is possible for two dealers to exchange inventory with one another, but you're even less likely to get a price break and you'll get a car that will have been driven some miles by a unknown person in an unknown manner.

If the car is set to arrive within the next few days, I'd say it's safe to negotiate the price now. If the car isn't going to arrive for a week or two more more, it's best to negotiate then. Why? Because inventory is building and most of us who were impatient enough to pay MSRP the moment the first shipments rolled off the truck have now got ours. The initial spike of the highest prices is almost over. Those who are willing to wait a few weeks should start seeing true discounts of around $500 or so, but I don't expect prices to fall much below that for the foreseeable future.

Now, there will be people who CLAIM to have gotten "thousands off MSRP", but that's usually exclusionary detailing and they probably paid much more than they'll admit to or are aware of. Any dealer will sell a brand new Si for $20,000 right now...IF you allow them to give you $10,000 for a trade worth $15,000 or finance at 8% interest when you should only be be paying 3%. The only deals worth paying attention to are those not involving trades and for cash-paying customers who are willing to post a copy of their paperwork.

If I were you and the car you want isn't scheduled to arrive for another couple of weeks, I might be inclined to wait until it arrives when prices have had a little more time to stabilize. Dealers are only just now building inventory. It'll still take a little longer to see how long they sit on the lots which will determine prices. The risk you run by waiting is that another sucker might come along and agree to purchase for more than you're willing to pay and buy the car out from underneath you. Even if the dealer takes a deposit from you, there are still situations where they'll gladly refund your deposit if someone else comes along willing to pay more. Don't think it won't happen! That's why I hauled butt to the dealer that got my Si before they had a chance to molest it, mark it up, or sell it to someone else. I'm impatient, though, and somewhat more liberal with my money if there's something I've just got to have right now.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
If the dealer has it in allocation, negotiate a price and ask them to mark it as pre-sold. That will prevent other dealers from seeing it on the list of incoming vehicles.

That's what my dealer did with my Hatch because they didn't want everyone harassing them trying to get it.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The risk you run by waiting is that another sucker might come along and agree to purchase for more than you're willing to pay and buy the car out from underneath you. Even if the dealer takes a deposit from you, there are still situations where they'll gladly refund your deposit if someone else comes along willing to pay more. Don't think it won't happen! That's why I hauled butt to the dealer that got my Si before they had a chance to molest it, mark it up, or sell it to someone else. I'm impatient, though, and somewhat more liberal with my money if there's something I've just got to have right now.
Getting credit checked and going to strike a deal if I can. That right there has been my biggest fear and I'll be damned if someone tries to poach the white sedan from me! It looks like people are straight up buying these cars as they come off the lot so I don't think I have too much wiggle room right now.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting credit checked and going to strike a deal if I can. That right there has been my biggest fear and I'll be damned if someone tries to poach the white sedan from me! It looks like people are straight up buying these cars as they come off the lot so I don't think I have too much wiggle room right now.
You're probably going to be at MSRP, don't pay an ADM though that's just lame.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're probably going to be at MSRP, don't pay an ADM though that's just lame.
Yup msrp and they won't knock off the $500 document fees too absolute bullshit. But not enough for me to walk out on. I'm pressuring him to throw me something else like mats or good tint in lieu of the doc fees.

Edit:
So won't move off that doc fee but I do have $500 for graduating so I guess silver linings? But yeah I am putting down my deposit and that insures I get first crack at the car no matter what. My name will be attached and no one can offer more to poach it from me.

$24,775 + tax and title is my final price ; No ADM!

Last edited:

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup msrp and they won't knock off the $500 document fees too absolute bullshit. But not enough for me to walk out on. I'm pressuring him to throw me something else like mats or good tint in lieu of the doc fees.

Edit:
So won't move off that doc fee but I do have $500 for graduating so I guess silver linings? But yeah I am putting down my deposit and that insures I get first crack at the car no matter what. My name will be attached and no one can offer more to poach it from me.

$24,775 + tax and title is my final price ; No ADM!
That's about all I could do on my Hatch Sport 6MT, I got them to knock off about $400 which equaled the Doc fee but that was it, ended up MSRP out the door.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's about all I could do on my Hatch Sport 6MT, I got them to knock off about $400 which equaled the Doc fee but that was it, ended up MSRP out the door.
Thanks a lot! Makes me feel much better now. I was definitely a little annoyed...but now I'm happy cause I will be getting my Si in July!!!

kingbudd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si, 1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT, 2016 Infiniti Q50, 2017 Cadillac XT5, and 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Anyone looking for a black sedan in Pittsburgh; Baierl Honda in Wexford is selling at $24,275. That was with no negotiating so I would guess possible to get under $24,000 before TTL. Doc fees are only $136 based on the quote they gave.

And no I do not work for Honda or the dealership; just wanted to see in person before I purchase my next car in August.
Sponsored