Si Factory Accessories / Performance Parts Released!

AP2SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Daily). 2006 NFR S2000 (Weekend Racer). 1992 Integra (SOLD). 2005 RSX Type-S (SOLD). 2002 Civic (SOLD)
is that for the sedan? man i am thinkin if sedans can have those lip on front bumper
We're getting coupes, but like he said. The lip works for both.

jbatman1080

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (White Orchid Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We're getting coupes, but like he said. The lip works for both.
Thanks! damn, i guess this part is only for the sedan si? i have an ext, i would like to add a lip on mine but i guess that doesnt work?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Got some of my accessories in today!

1.jpg
I can't fathom a strip of plastic selling for $400 (even though I plan to buy one...grumble...grumble...since I can't make one any cheaper).

Then again, I can. Printer manufacturers practically give printers away - often below cost - then charge insane amounts of money for ink cartridges. Honda and their dealers could sell their cars at cost and still make a fortune on accessories, service, financing, and extended warranties.

AP2SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Daily). 2006 NFR S2000 (Weekend Racer). 1992 Integra (SOLD). 2005 RSX Type-S (SOLD). 2002 Civic (SOLD)
I can't fathom a strip of plastic selling for $400 (even though I plan to buy one...grumble...grumble...since I can't make one any cheaper).

Then again, I can. Printer manufacturers practically give printers away - often below cost - then charge insane amounts of money for ink cartridges. Honda and their dealers could sell their cars at cost and still make a fortune on accessories, service, financing, and extended warranties.
Yeah it's just ridiculous. That's why I'm buying the accessories myself. I got everything for about 40% off of list price. Between that and the amount the dealer rapes to install everything... we're saving over $700 per car.

CDM 98 ITR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si HFP
Sorry if it's been asked already, but do you guys have the part #'s for the side skirts and front underbody spoiler? I was at the dealership today and they have nothing in the system (I'm in Toronto, Canada).

Thanks!

CDM 98 ITR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si HFP
Just as a follow up, I did find these on hondapartsnetwork, but for the front rallye red spoiler the image provided doesn't look anything like what I'm seeing on the honda.com builder for the Si. Just need someone to confirm this for me so I can send it off to my dealer to price out. The Canadian dealers are way behind with accessories for the Si and I need to make a decision this weekend whether or not I want the car!

Thanks guys!

Front spoiler:
http://hondapartsnetwork.com/part/9751327/Honda-Part-08F01-TEA-180-Front-Underbody-R513-Spoiler

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@AP2SLOW, What is the part number for the "red lip" and where did you purchase the parts from?
Disregard. No underbody spoiler for me! The installation instructions are 10 pages long and require removal of the entire front bumper, cutting, drilling, and gluing. I refuse to take apart or have taken apart a brand new vehicle just to install an overpriced strip of colored plastic no matter how nice it may look.

AP2SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disregard. No underbody spoiler for me! The installation instructions are 10 pages long and require removal of the entire front bumper, cutting, drilling, and gluing. I refuse to take apart or have taken apart a brand new vehicle just to install an overpriced strip of colored plastic no matter how nice it may look.
Should be 08F01-TEA-180 I believe. I'll let you know if I can get it installed without taking off the cover. I don't want to do any of that either.

CDM 98 ITR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si HFP
Perfect, thanks guys!

Man, what a mess of an install. Either it comes on the car when it's delivered and someone else deals with it, or I don't buy it. Go figure, every generation of Civic has one or two bonehead parts that don't play well or are inexcusably expensive. Think we just found one!

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Perfect, thanks guys!

Man, what a mess of an install. Either it comes on the car when it's delivered and someone else deals with it, or I don't buy it. Go figure, every generation of Civic has one or two bonehead parts that don't play well or are inexcusably expensive. Think we just found one!
The autodimming rearview mirror isn't easy, either. On past Hondas I've installed the mirror on, the connector for it was above the headliner and all you had to do was remove the overhead console to access it which was easy. On the Civic, you have to remove the overhead console, sunvisor, A-pillar, lower dash, kick panel, etc. to add a wiring harness. I think this is dumb since there is already a wiring harness running up there for the lights, microphone, and sunroof controls.

After reading through the spoiler instructions, it doesn't look like anything I can't handle. My biggest fear is breaking plastic clips no matter how careful I am and being responsible for that. I really like the spoiler, but I don't like a new car being taken apart by anyone - even the dealer. We all know what can happen. I was hoping it was a simple bolt-on, but no such luck - the vehicle has to be modified to accept it.

Putting the Honda accessory trailer hitch on my CR-V required not only cutting of plastic underneath the car, but disassembly of the entire rear interior and drilling a big hole through the body! It seems like most accessories other than floormats have complicated installs. :(

CDM 98 ITR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si HFP
The autodimming rearview mirror isn't easy, either. On past Hondas I've installed the mirror on, the connector for it was above the headliner and all you had to do was remove the overhead console to access it which was easy. On the Civic, you have to remove the overhead console, sunvisor, A-pillar, lower dash, kick panel, etc. to add a wiring harness. I think this is dumb since there is already a wiring harness running up there for the lights, microphone, and sunroof controls.

After reading through the spoiler instructions, it doesn't look like anything I can't handle. My biggest fear is breaking plastic clips no matter how careful I am and being responsible for that. I really like the spoiler, but I don't like a new car being taken apart by anyone - even the dealer. We all know what can happen. I was hoping it was a simple bolt-on, but no such luck - the vehicle has to be modified to accept it.

Putting the Honda accessory trailer hitch on my CR-V required not only cutting of plastic underneath the car, but disassembly of the entire rear interior and drilling a big hole through the body! It seems like most accessories other than floormats have complicated installs. :(
Brutal!

Honda seems to operate in silos like that with their accessory department. Doesn't always seem too collaborative and they end up running into issues like this. End of the day it's the customer who suffers paying a ridiculous install fee for a simple part.

I feel sorry for the poor bastard who installs mine. Not that it's crazy difficult, but I can see it being a royal PITA.
Sponsored