Show me your aftermarket shift knob

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Password JDM stainless steel and weighted. I’ve had this knob for almost 10 years now. Makes shifts super smooth but damn does it get hot/cold.
Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob FE472018-112C-414A-8B98-95E17EEBE15B
Sponsored

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Good Lord! Why you gotta do this to me?! I was set on leather... now this?! These are absolutely beautiful! ?
Can't blame you, we truly love them!! They're the same diameter as the 2017-19 CTR OEM Shift Knob, which feels more appropriately sized in the palm; the OEM Si shift knob always felt a tad small to me.

Add perfect size along with the handcrafted, classic look and you have a winning combo :)

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can't blame you, we truly love them!! They're the same diameter as the 2017-19 CTR OEM Shift Knob, which feels more appropriately sized in the palm; the OEM Si shift knob always felt a tad small to me.

Add perfect size along with the handcrafted, classic look and you have a winning combo :)
The OEM knob is definitely small. And it gets HOT! That’s why I was wanting leather. And weighted. Every other manual I’ve owned had leather knobs.

If those wood knobs were weighted... they’d be perfect!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The OEM knob is definitely small. And it gets HOT! That’s why I was wanting leather. And weighted. Every other manual I’ve owned had leather knobs.

If those wood knobs were weighted... they’d be perfect!
I too always preferred weighted until I actually felt how much more connected a lightweight shift knob feels! I'm coming down from the Mishimoto Carbon myself at 140grams, and just when I thought the Acuity Adjustable Short Shifter can't get any better a lightweight knob made it feel even more tactile!

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I too always preferred weighted until I actually felt how much more connected a lightweight shift knob feels! I'm coming down from the Mishimoto Carbon myself at 140grams, and just when I thought the Acuity Adjustable Short Shifter can't get any better a lightweight knob made it feel even more tactile!
Decisions, decisions... ? Thanks for all your input... your's as well, @Superklasse. @27WON was also quick to get back to me via email. I appreciate vendors that are active on the forums and support our community.

burgermeister

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
I have the Acuity shifter with a wood shift knob, and I think it is fantastic. Shiftknobs are a bit of a hobby for me ... if I thought a heavier shift knob would make the shifter feel better, I'd simply make one. But I think it would just muddy up the feedback from the shifter & transmission.

The factory setup felt, to me, kind of like what came with my Logitech G27 steering wheel - not very satisfying to use, totally devoid of any feedback at all. The Acuity shifter with the light knob feels just about perfect. If I mismatch revs on a double clutch downshift, I feel it in the shifter, and that's the way I like it :)

marcopolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm trying to decide between the SuperKlasse Runabout and the 27WON. They are about the same weight, the 27WON looks the be a bit taller and the stitching looks a little better to me, but I like the look of the shift pattern on the SK. And the SK is almost $30 cheaper right now. ?‍♂
I've owned both. The 27WON is quite a bit taller than the SK.

marcopolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It looked that way. Which was your preference? I'm thinking my preference is probably the shorter, SK.
SK. I ended up selling the 27WON. Didn't really like the shape and it was way too tall. The added height made the shift throws longer.

However, I don't care for the mounting solution SK has. Came with two bolts to secure it. No instructions. Putting the two together leaves a bit of a gap between the shifter and the boot. I used it during the hot months last summer.

Currently back to the stock shifter. Might try a 2020 CTR shifter next. The HK has too much of a blocky feel for my liking.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Decisions, decisions... ? Thanks for all your input... your's as well, @Superklasse. @27WON was also quick to get back to me via email. I appreciate vendors that are active on the forums and support our community.
This community's awesome! You have some great choices in your hands (pun intended ?)

Superklasse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI / Type-R
Country flag
You’re welcome..

This community is great. You guys kept us very busy for the past 2 weeks. We just finished up 31 shift knobs that we believe came from this group. (All hondas)

each knob is hand made so please bear with us while we fulfill everyones order.

we appreciate the support! ?