Seat bolt hole thread diameter?

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
So I tried installing some risers for the passenger seat in my car, but couldn't get the bolt back into the mounting hole for the seat and feel that the threads got cross threaded.

Anyone know what size tap to use for that so I can put things back together?
Sponsored

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
So I tried installing some risers for the passenger seat in my car, but couldn't get the bolt back into the mounting hole for the seat and feel that the threads got cross threaded.

If 90135-TBA-A00 is the one, my guess it's M10x1.25 .

Arashishozen

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI sedan (black)
Country flag

I can't remember off the top of my head, I'd like to say 12x1.25,
But the front bolts are the same size as the rear for the seats, if you wanted to match thread pitch.

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If 90135-TBA-A00 is the one, my guess it's M10x1.25 .
Awesome thanks and I believe you're right on the money -

This is what the shop said that sold em to me -

The bolts are 1.25 fine thread.

I can't remember off the top of my head, I'd like to say 12x1.25,
But the front bolts are the same size as the rear for the seats, if you wanted to match thread pitch.
Another solid guess lol -

Can either of you suggest a good set I should get that I can get that will do the job and not be too over the top? I don't want to jack this up when doing it and the number of options for taps is overwhelming to say the least.

Arashishozen

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI sedan (black)
Country flag

Can either of you suggest a good set I should get that I can get that will do the job and not be too over the top? I don't want to jack this up when doing it and the number of options for taps is overwhelming to say the least.

I honestly got a set of Amazon that has done wonders. Works just as good as my co wokers snap on set, Hella of a lot cheaper.

Question is, did you just cross thread it and a thread chaser work, or did you butcher it, and now you need to make new threads completely

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I honestly got a set of Amazon that has done wonders. Works just as good as my co wokers snap on set, Hella of a lot cheaper.

Question is, did you just cross thread it and a thread chaser work, or did you butcher it, and now you need to make new threads completely
I felt it binding and backed out - tried to put original screw in and it stops so I cross threaded a bit but then left it. I feel like if I just could re-cut the threads it'd be good to go. The nut 'head' is 17mm I don't know if that matters... If anyone can 'test' against a seat bolt if you have this tool in hand, that'd really help but it's a big ask lol.

Thanks all -

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I used to always buy VermontAmerican taps because I'm from Vermont and I knew people that worked there. Now made in China. McMaster has really good sets that are made in the USA. I've decent performance with Craftsman and Irwin but honestly I'm not sure if they are much better than anything that's on Amazon. They are probably made by the same companies.

I felt it binding and backed out - tried to put original screw in and it stops so I cross threaded a bit but then left it. I feel like if I just could re-cut the threads it'd be good to go. The nut 'head' is 17mm I don't know if that matters... If anyone can 'test' against a seat bolt if you have this tool in hand, that'd really help but it's a big ask lol.

Thanks all -
17mm hex head is often 12Mx1.25 . Can you measure the bolt diameter? That's usually what I go by. If you can find in on the honda parts website, it will usually have Bolt (Diameter x Length).
90135-TBA-A00
Honda Civic 10th gen Seat bolt hole thread diameter? Screenshot from 2021-09-15 22-19-50

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks all I'll post up when I repair it!

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks all I'll post up when I repair it!
If your going to re-tap it. Make sure you spray a little wd-40 on the tap and don't try to force it if it binds up, slightly back off as if unscrewing it and then slowly turn back into it. This gives the metal chips a chance to drop into the center.

FWIW, if your going to rethread the hole you might as well use a die nut to rethread the bolt, unless you get a new bolt then just disregard haha.

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If your going to re-tap it. Make sure you spray a little wd-40 on the tap and don't try to force it if it binds up, slightly back off as if unscrewing it and then slowly turn back into it. This gives the metal chips a chance to drop into the center.

FWIW, if your going to rethread the hole you might as well use a die nut to rethread the bolt, unless you get a new bolt then just disregard haha.
Great advice thank you!