burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Anyone had rubbing issue with this tire size stock height ? I didn’t have this issue with my car lowered on coilovers with this tire size but my front was also cambered. I put my car to stock height because I sold the coilovers and when I fully turn the wheel left or right it makes a loud sound like that the tire is rubbing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Anyone had rubbing issue with this tire size stock height ? I didn’t have this issue with my car lowered on coilovers with this tire size but my front was also cambered. I put my car to stock height because I sold the coilovers and when I fully turn the wheel left or right it makes a loud sound like that the tire is rubbing.
Im lowered and still don’t get rub at full lock either way. I’ve had my 255/35s at both close to stock height and lowered and didn’t run with turns

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Im lowered and still don’t get rub at full lock either way. I’ve had my 255/35s at both close to stock height and lowered and didn’t run with turns
so weird bro! It didn’t even rub when I was slammed. I guess I’m gonna have to Jack it take the wheel off and see what it is that’s rubbing then. The only thing I could have thought of was that I’m not cambered in the front anymore due to my stock struts so the tire was rubbing on something.

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
so weird bro! It didn’t even rub when I was slammed. I guess I’m gonna have to Jack it take the wheel off and see what it is that’s rubbing then. The only thing I could have thought of was that I’m not cambered in the front anymore due to my stock struts so the tire was rubbing on something.
Is it possible with the 9.5's that its rubbing the inner wheel well liner and not the fender?

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Is it possible with the 9.5's that its rubbing the inner wheel well liner and not the fender?
100% it’a rubbing something on the inside. I already checked my clearance on the outside of the wheel. I had a Jack but it broke so I’m gonna go purchase a new one today. The noise is not making less of a sound since I have been daily driving it lol.

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
100% it’a rubbing something on the inside. I already checked my clearance on the outside of the wheel. I had a Jack but it broke so I’m gonna go purchase a new one today. The noise is not making less of a sound since I have been daily driving it lol.
With the wheel having less camber it most likely rubbing top of wheel well liner. The camber helped avoid that but now that the tire sits up straight its probably rubbing up top where the liner tappers in a bit.

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
With the wheel having less camber it most likely rubbing top of wheel well liner. The camber helped avoid that but now that the tire sits up straight its probably rubbing up top where the liner tappers in a bit.
Yeah I figured it has to be that!
Sponsored