Infinity000

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2004 CR-V
Country flag
So I was sitting at a drive-though waiting to pick up my drinks, and the lady two cars in front of us took FOREVER. I wasn't expecting this, so I didn't shut off the car during this time, as the restaurant would bring out food to her here and there making me think "OK, this is it" only to have to wait some more. Anyways, the car sat idling I'd say for about 5 minutes or so, when it started to get rougher and rougher till the car was shaking. I ended up shutting the engine off and turning it back on and was good again. If I had anticipated the long wait I would have shutdown the car earlier, but either way I would think the car can idle for longer than 5 minutes just fine. Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Sounds like yourcar is misfiring, mine idles for days noprob. Take it to the dealer

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Prob just a/c like davidgostbo said. If it was misfiring your check engine light would on and flashing

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
If it starts doing that, give it a rev to clear its self out. Mine seems to do that sometimes too, just loads up a bit. A quick rev will clear it out.

Milton316

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
I’m having the same issue, except when I turn on the A/c it doesn’t do it. So I e been driving around with the climate control on seems to prevent the issue from happening. The car was fine until it wasn’t. I happened by luck to turn on A/c and realized it had stopped. Maybe because there is some load on the engine ? Any suggestions ?

thanks
Harry

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Long idle, engine shakes with ac on.
failing engine mounts, bad ac compressor, failing injector. Could be lots of things.

OP
OP

Infinity000

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2004 CR-V
Country flag
I’m having the same issue, except when I turn on the A/c it doesn’t do it. So I e been driving around with the climate control on seems to prevent the issue from happening. The car was fine until it wasn’t. I happened by luck to turn on A/c and realized it had stopped. Maybe because there is some load on the engine ? Any suggestions ?

thanks
Harry
This was so long ago, I completely forgot I ever even posted this! Crazy thing is, that weird idle never happened again. I have to admit, I rarely have the AC on, and only when my wife is in the car (she doesn't like the windows down too much). So it could very well have been the AC acting funny for me. I also did not do anything different after to investigate further. Sorry I cannot be much help.

enilder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
This also happened to me with AC on but it disappeared as soon as I turned it off. Never experienced this in other cars but no CEL, yet.
Sponsored