Recommendations for tires?

Bhartz412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Hey guys, I finally got a Ktuner for my Civic and wanted to upgrade tires for better traction. I currently have the cheapest tires possible probably (Riken Raptor HR $80/tire) and am wondering what kind of tires I should go with. FL has a lot of rain, but its also super hot so I need the best for both worlds. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I swapped the Goodyear All-Seasons with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires and am super happy with them. They really let you push the car to its limits with confidence. The only drawback is the increased treadwear but as they say, you gotta pay to play.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I ran pirelli pz4 on my si and it was a huge upgrade over the Goodyear. My R is getting toyo r88r or nitto nt555 soon. Like you been running cheap bf Goodrich comp 2

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not pushing the car to the limits. So I swapped the summer tires Bridgestone Tauranza with all-season tires Vredestein Quatrac 5.

They are not noisy (at least now), fuel efficiency is the same as it was with summer tires, they're good in rain, not the best when the asphalt is super hot and of course not the best when there is a lot of snow on the road. But after one year and 7,500 miles I'm satisfied.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PS4S is tried and true proven if you are in FL and run a summer tire all year. Wet traction is supposed to be good so not a problem there. Obviously you’ll be changing more frequently, though tread life is good compared to other summer tires.

I just put Pilot Sport All Season 4 on my car and am very happy with them. For spirited daily driving they feel pretty darn close to a summer tire.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Depends on how cold it gets and if you get snow or not. I would look at Continentals, Michelins, Yokohamas, but thats very broad.

If you want something sticky, go with something 300 treadwear or below, but keep in mind youll sacrifice tire life in exchange for stickyness. Pilot Supersports are rated around 30,000 miles and will be fine as temps dip down (I wouldnt run them in the winter though if it gets below freezing).

I was impressed with the continental sport contacts that came stock on the R, they are noticeably softer than Super sports, and youll be lucky to get 20k out of them.
Sponsored