Question about Hondata and light throttle behavior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Hey guys I installed the +6 tune on my 16 EX-T and noticed that at light throttle and cruising I get a sort of "pulse". I could see this being normal if the tune changes the torque converter behavior, but I wanted to make sure first.

I reverted back to stock and it doesn't seem to do it. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/or if it's normal and not a big deal.
Sponsored

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Hey guys I installed the +6 tune on my 16 EX-T and noticed that at light throttle and cruising I get a sort of "pulse". I could see this being normal if the tune changes the torque converter behavior, but I wanted to make sure first.

I reverted back to stock and it doesn't seem to do it. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/or if it's normal and not a big deal.
I've had other customers complain about the same thing. It's not normal at all.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Do you think it's a problem with the tune or should I get the car inspected?
Customers switched to KTuner. Tune setup correctly, problem solved.

My EX-T would hunt at idle 50-75 rpm when I had the Hondata tune on it. I reported as much to them. Don't think anything ever came of it. Just stuck my car on KTuner and setup the tune correctly, no more hunting.

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
I thought the off the shelf tunes for hondata and ktuner +6 were the same? Or did you have to adjust it and only the ktuner allowed you to do so? @Vit

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I thought the off the shelf tunes for hondata and ktuner +6 were the same? Or did you have to adjust it and only the ktuner allowed you to do so? @Vit
They are not the same, it's impossible for them to be the same.

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si 2017 Civic SI x2
Country flag
Assuming you have a FlashPro, have you datalogged it to see exactly what's going on?
Sponsored