PTP Turbo Inlet Pipe Blanket

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Every little bit of blanket here and blanket there add up to combat heat soak which is terrible on this car. An intercooler and a turbo blanket will do the most difference. But everything adds up.
Sponsored

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
hey, have you noticed any difference from the intake blanket? But since you already have other blankets, the difference might be small to be noticed?

Every little bit of blanket here and blanket there add up to combat heat soak which is terrible on this car. An intercooler and a turbo blanket will do the most difference. But everything adds up.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
hey, have you noticed any difference from the intake blanket? But since you already have other blankets, the difference might be small to be noticed?
I noticed a small drop on post intercooler temps. 9 to 12 degrees lower than maf temps.

flixman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R - Black
Country flag
Can you guys take a picture of the left side by the hardness. Is the hardness inside the blanket or the outside of the jacket?

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Can you guys take a picture of the left side by the hardness. Is the hardness inside the blanket or the outside of the jacket?
I put it outside and did not used the bottom bolt.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Is this a good item to run if you dont race the car and only drive 3000 miles a year? I mean i use to drag race my Evo a lot and never wrapped anything but yet i see all these pipes being wrapped. Again just need some info
Yes! You do not need to be tracking the car to see benefits from this. Anything to assist managing the heat distribution within the engine bay and keeping intake temperatures down will help with power and efficiency no matter what style of driving you are putting on the car.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
hey, would you share the step by step on removing the inlet pipe?
Lets see out of my head:

-start by loosing the clamp of the intake hose to the turbo inlet (do not remove the intake)

-remove the bolt behind the turbo inlet in between the valve cover, it has a bushing to hold the turbo inlet in place (one bolt)

-remove the coolant and oil lines (4 bolts)

-remove the bracket holding the bpv hose and harness (2 bolts). I placed this bracket outside of the blanket and was able to use only the top bolt to hold it in place. I added a strap at the bottom to prevent the harness getting close to the serpentine belt.

-using long and small ratchet extension and a swivel socket adapter remove the 2 bolts that holds the turbo inlet to the turbo and that’s it, carefully remove the inlet.
Sponsored