Prices going up higher for the CTR!

barbapapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R Championship White
Country flag
I think this car will maintain its value pretty well in the coming years, not over MSRP but I don't think this market crashes
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
My offer was $47,133 for my '21 with just over 3,500 miles from Carvana. Very tempting, as I paid MSRP and had some nice equity with what I traded in. My major holdup is that I truly love the car.
Sell it
I think this car will maintain its value pretty well in the coming years, not over MSRP but I don't think this market crashes

“In our planning horizon, we don’t see in the next five years, until 2025 or beyond, before we see supply substantially increase”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimhen...e-new-normal-maybe-for-years/?sh=1cff8e267412

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Just found a 2021 Black CTR on Carmax with 1300 miles for $46k

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Just found a 2021 Black CTR on Carmax with 1300 miles for $46k
Even though its used it will sell at that price.
As was stated if you can sell just do it.
the fk8 will hold a good resale even during a normal market.

i dont plan on selling at all. I put the fk8 against an rs3, m3 and a used c7 z06. The fk8 was the only car that left a really strong impression on me. They just dont make driver cars like this anymore. So good luck finding a replacement unless you just want to go fast in a straight line; plenty of that out there.

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
vroom offered me 41.5k for 2020 with 9k miles. I’ll have to pass..

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
I grabbed my '19 with 10k miles for what they used to go for new, lol. The market sucks right now - I got more for my WRX than what I paid for it when it was new, so why not. Plus the CTR has always had a mark up.. I felt like this was just a normal mark up price and not a chip shortage markup price. At least compared to when I was looking at '20 and '21 Civic Si's.

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I Might sell it bought it for msrp and could buy a c6 vette for 25k hmmm

Last edited:

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I guess you’re as old as me wanting a Vette. Might as well get a Harley to go with it….
As a previous Z06 owner I can attest it not being a great daily. Ride was ok, but sound, vibration, materials, and interior space was lacking. Passengers hated it. So for the performance the R really does well. It’s got great switchable damping, steering feel, excellent rear leg room (I have an MDX and I think the R is spacious), power, and you can buy aftermarket exhaust or keep it stock for a quiet ride. Great for the price. I’d even say the new Elantra N could be in the same camp. Not the Veloster since the rear seats are cramped in comparison.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
As a previous Z06 owner I can attest it not being a great daily. Ride was ok, but sound, vibration, materials, and interior space was lacking. Passengers hated it. So for the performance the R really does well. It’s got great switchable damping, steering feel, excellent rear leg room (I have an MDX and I think the R is spacious), power, and you can buy aftermarket exhaust or keep it stock for a quiet ride. Great for the price. I’d even say the new Elantra N could be in the same camp. Not the Veloster since the rear seats are cramped in comparison.
Yeah I had a 370Z for years and frankly was tired of the posture, and wife hated ingress/egress. The new Z is too much like the old one for me, and I actually like the zip that the Type R gives over what the Z had. When I pushed my Z above 5-6K it felt like the damn engine was coming apart!. Type R is quite a bit smoother and seems to enjoy all RPMs. Much more fun to drive than the Z-I know, like I said I had a 2009....