Prices going up higher for the CTR!

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Yep! Even the ones on Carvana are all sold as off now for the asking prices finally! 2020's are the hottest ones to find because you get all the improvements from prior to 2019 but not @ 2021 price... you'll notice the gap ... 2018, 19's.. then 21's.. hardly any 2020's. Dealers ain't coming down... have a used limited here with 135 miles on it for 78k??? wow! Seems like 42k & 43k is a great price for a 2019 - 2020 now =)

Majority of people I've talked to were waiting for the 2022, but from what has been presently released about what it will looks like ... they backed off and bought the current one. Personally, I would too! Rumor is this car situation (not to mention other shortages in so many arenas globally) is going to continue until ~2025...? Hope not :/
Sponsored

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
2020's are the hottest ones to find because you get all the improvements from prior to 2019 but not @ 2021 price...
Because of COVID, the 2020 is the rarest one, I'm pretty sure. I guessed in another thread that only about 3-4,000 were made, worldwide.

slowRthanU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 civic hatch
Country flag
21 cw ctr w 8k miles is 46 on vroom. I got it for msrp so I get why people are tempted to sell and try something else.

JerseyJerk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ha I've been scoping the scene for months now, and there was just a massive price hike across the board. I'm regretting passing on an offer I got in August for a brand new '21 CW for 41k. They offered me 25.5k for my EX.

Just this week Carvana offered me 25.5k and Vroom offered me 26K for trade in, but what's the point when something with 40,000 miles on it is going for 40k. I've also been stalking numerous dealers in my state (NJ), and it's slim picking. There are a handful of CTRs with low mileage but suspicious stuff going on with the Carfax reports. I'm leery of getting something with noted aftermarket parts and low mileage (we're talking under 2k miles) from a non-Honda dealer. I decided Carvana and Vroom are fun to look at, but not worth the risk.

At least my local dealer, Boardwalk Honda, was honest about the markups. The dealers posting MSRP for the bait and switch are really pissing me off.

For all the searchers, good luck! I keep telling myself the gas mileage is worth it for right now, and maybe the heated seats this winter.

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
I sold my <5K mile '18 CTR to Carvana this week for ~$42K. I assume they will list it for $44K - $45K.

They had offered just under $40K last year. Their offer dropped to $38.9K this May. Got the latest offer right after i had put the car in winter storage (where it would have sat for 5-6 months).

A few notes on my selling experience with Carvana:

I made an appointment to have the car picked up a few days after i accepted the offer. A Carvana rep called and said he was running an hour late. He came to the house with the paperwork and to check out the car (young guy seemed to be a car enthusiast and asked about the R and my other vehicles). I was expecting a tow truck but none was in sight. He took some pictures of the odometer reading and exterior and looked in the engine bay. Total time checking out the vehicle condition maybe 20 minutes. I signed the paperwork (Power Of Attorney and statement that i hadn't driven more than 1,000 miles since i told them the car mileage, sales price etc..). Then he initiated the direct deposit and I gave him the title and keys. He put a lock box on the car which was in our garage and said a tow truck would pick it up the next day. Five hours after he left a tow truck driver showed up at our door and took the car. Payment showed up in our account ~14 hours after the rep left. Couldn't be much easier or smoother.

Will be interesting to see where late model Civic prices go in the next 6 months. Maybe up another 10% (or maybe down). I will be watching the 11th Gen CTR closely and, just like with my 10th gen possibly buy one if i can find an acceptable deal.

JerseyJerk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Heres my Carvana offer….I guess I wont be selling mine to them just yet lol :rofl:
4D2D4C45-65D9-4FDD-B611-22270BE653D0.png

Salvage title….who wants to give me double that offer???? $400 takes it
C59989DA-677F-4AE6-AD56-542CC64A02A6.jpeg
Gorgeous! What's the story on the salvage?

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Gorgeous! What's the story on the salvage?
Bought at an auction. Found the original owner through FB. Guy swerved to avoid crash and ran over a curb into a shallow ditch. $4000 to repair myself and that includes new wheels and tires. Suspension damage, seat and curtain airbags and one fender replaced. I had it all fixed up in under a month in my garage……then it sat for 6 months cuz of covid so nobody was working and couldn't get it inspected. Im not really looking to sell just thought Id see what they're offering for it.

Last edited:

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
Bought at an auction. Found the original owner through FB. Guy swerved to avoid crash and ran over a curb into a shallow ditch. $4000 to repair myself and that includes new wheels and tires. Suspension damage, seat and curtain airbags and one fender replaced. I had it all fixed up in under a month in my garage……then it sat for 6 months cuz of covid so nobody was working and couldn't get it inspected. Im not really looking to sell just thought Id see what they're offering for it.
How much was it at auction?

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I just did this and for my 2019 w/36k they quoted me $30k
*shrug*
Sponsored