Please share your dents, dings or scratches. Support Group

DuneShoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '16 Tacoma
Country flag
Ah, I symphatize... all the way to self inflicting the damage. I got it filled in though a few months ago with the pen correction, Langka blob remover, a lot of patience and acceptance. Went back and forth with putting a badge like Mugen but none that I can't think of that didn't seem poser-ish for me (have no mugen parts)

upload_2019-5-27_20-7-37.png
I also got the touch up paint but did a crappy job. Can only see it if you're looking close.
Added a small sticker to partially cover it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Please share your dents, dings or scratches.  Support Group boltsticker
Sponsored

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Yeah, im thinking of taking it to a panel beater on the weekend. Apparently over the phone he says they do paint chips but has to see it in person.

I hope they can as our colour is solid colour with no flakes Championship White. I hope they have it.
I don't know if the one that comes in the correction paint pen would be enough for your guy. And given an airbrush, I'm not sure if the paint had to be watered down... it's oil based I think.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Excuse the dirty car, haven't had a chance to wash it since it's been like Seattle for the past month. But my Type R badge has seen better days.

Honda Civic 10th gen Please share your dents, dings or scratches.  Support Group DSC04095

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Excuse the dirty car, haven't had a chance to wash it since it's been like Seattle for the past month. But my Type R badge has seen better days.

DSC04095.jpg
Yikes... is the R badge flaking?? I'm thinking bad tree saps causing it? Or are you near a chemical plant or some kind?

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I don't know if the one that comes in the correction paint pen would be enough for your guy. And given an airbrush, I'm not sure if the paint had to be watered down... it's oil based I think.
I have the paint pen, but I did a dodgy job. Just did it to protect it, even thought its an aluminium hood.

Im not sure if I should leave it or just ask the guy if they can airbrush it. Just worried that it will turn out worse..

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Yikes... is the R badge flaking?? I'm thinking bad tree saps causing it? Or are you near a chemical plant or some kind?
24k miles with many in construction zones unfortunately. I think rock chips got it more than anything. I don't feel like it's flaking and am no where near chemical plants. My rear badge is perfectly fine.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
I have the paint pen, but I did a dodgy job. Just did it to protect it, even thought its an aluminium hood.

Im not sure if I should leave it or just ask the guy if they can airbrush it. Just worried that it will turn out worse..
If you have small rock chips here and there, I think using the pen and Langka blob eliminator would be cheaper than a paint repair shop, but slightly expensive for DIY repair. That Langka blob eliminator (not sure if available in AUS) was my saving grace. It lets you overfill the chips and then use a flat surface like a card, wrapped in very fine micro fiber (they give 1 to you) and just wipe until flat. It's worth trying if you have relatively small rock chips that you can 'blob' easily. Just my 2 cents.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Please share your dents, dings or scratches.  Support Group E3BEC356-E9DE-4302-9489-928EDE905EE9

Well that’s how my morning went

Prodigy71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav 4 , GTI
Country flag
nooooo... sorry to see that =[ how did they even managed to do that... parking?

OP
OP
scoobysnack

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
E3BEC356-E9DE-4302-9489-928EDE905EE9.jpeg

Well that’s how my morning went
Oh man Sorry to see that. My CTR is officially a garage queen/king so I don’t really have to worry about assholes hitting me. Purchased dec 2017 and 2800 miles. I’d love to buy a new NSX but with how I worry about the CTR can’t imagine parking an “exotic” at target.

Martin Riggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Didn’t read through the entire thread. Any manage to scratch the wheels yet from cleaning?

OP
OP
scoobysnack

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
Didn’t read through the entire thread. Any manage to scratch the wheels yet from cleaning?
Not from cleaning but I curb rashed 3 of my wheels within couple months of owning it. I dremmel smoothed them and touched up. Can’t notice it unless you get really close.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Yeah, the wheel brush I got has a metal band for some reason and part if it sticks out. Nicked a wheel trying to clean the caliper. Cleaned up fine with some berlina black touchup

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Waiting on this to get on discount. $25 is steep, but it does replace multiple brushes.
Honda Civic 10th gen Please share your dents, dings or scratches.  Support Group upload_2019-6-1_15-5-57

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nooooo... sorry to see that =[ how did they even managed to do that... parking?
Just noticed this now - no, I got rear ended trying to make a right turn at a red light. I’m dropping it off later this morning so it can be fixed.

Oh man Sorry to see that. My CTR is officially a garage queen/king so I don’t really have to worry about assholes hitting me. Purchased dec 2017 and 2800 miles. I’d love to buy a new NSX but with how I worry about the CTR can’t imagine parking an “exotic” at target.
Purchased Mar 2018 and about 17250 miles. I want an NSX too but I don’t think I could stomach walking out and seeing a dent or cracks on it from someone being careless.
Sponsored