Plastic cover for trunk hinges

iulianm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW Golf 7 GTI DSG
Country flag
Hello,

I have noticed that the quality suffers a bit in US compared with Europe and Australia with most of the cars that are sold both here and there and I'm referring more at small details.

Lot of compact cars here get auto windows only for the driver and passenger or driver only while the same car in Europe gets auto windows for all doors.

With my Civic, I couldn't stop noticing my trunk hinges which have no protection. Looking Civics from Australia, those have the plastic ornament and auto up/down window for all doors.

Do you know if it can be easily retrofitted ? If so, which is the part name and the price?

What about auto up/down windows for all doors?

Honda Civic 10th gen Plastic cover for trunk hinges Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 19.11.58
Sponsored

Last edited:

fsucutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
Love where you're going with this and i have some of the same desires...turns out Aussies get to double press their lock button on the fob to roll up all windows too! I'd love to retrofit my window controllers to auto for all as well as the remote roll-up, etc. If you hear of any way to do some of the stuff we're talking about, come on back and post. I'll do the same. 'luck!

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Good luck with auto up down windows for the back. You'll need a new controller, for your door, different window switches for the back which are illuminated in AUS too so the wiring won't exist for illumination on our models. You also need stop sensors that allow the window to roll back down if it detects an obstruction.

OP
OP
iulianm

iulianm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW Golf 7 GTI DSG
Country flag
Ok, the auto up/down windows are more complicated to do; what about the plastic cover for the trunk hinges?

Here is the full list of differences that I have observed between US Civic and EU/AU Civic:
- Auto Up/Down for all 4 windows
- Plastic cover for trunk hinges
- Parking sensors front and rear
- Tinted rear windows (called also Privacy Glass)
- Driver’s & Passenger Seat Power Lumbar Adjust
- Electrically retractable door mirrors
- Adaptive damper system
- LED fog lights

Probably the plastic cover would be the easiest one to retrofit :)

Last edited:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Everything you mentioned can be had if you buy an Acura.

Good luck sourcing the parts.

74895-TEX-Y01
74896-TEX-Y01