OEM Emergency Air Pump Faulty

voiddweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR (Sold), '04 TSX MT, '19 Camaro ZL1 1LE MT
Country flag
I went to add air to my tires using the OEM pump and it doesn't build enough pressure. It took 10 minutes to add 3 lbs of air to one tire when my cheap HF $15 pump (that's half the size) did it in a minute.

I've never had an accessory fail. Do I need to take the whole car into the a dealer to get this replaced or just take in the pump?

Thanks.
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I went to add air to my tires using the OEM pump and it doesn't build enough pressure. It took 10 minutes to add 3 lbs of air to one tire when my cheap HF $15 pump (that's half the size) did it in a minute.

I've never had an accessory fail. Do I need to take the whole car into the a dealer to get this replaced or just take in the pump?

Thanks.
Those kits are next to useless.. and yes, the pump takes for ever to pump up the tire.
better have your engine running !!! or you will also flatten the battery - just to add to your bad day !

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Those kits are next to useless.. and yes, the pump takes for ever to pump up the tire.
better have your engine running !!! or you will also flatten the battery - just to add to your bad day !
I bought a high quality pump that is smaller.
Viair I think it’s called.

OP
OP
voiddweller

voiddweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR (Sold), '04 TSX MT, '19 Camaro ZL1 1LE MT
Country flag
The one I referenced in the original post wasn't HF, it was AccuTire: https://www.homedepot.com/p/ACCUTIR...t-300-psi-12-Volt-Compressor-MS5530/204488019 Not as nice as the Viair, but I'm happy with it.

I picked it up a while ago and throw it in whatever car I'm taking on a road trip. The readings were identical to my Longacre 52008. It gets a little hot with prolonged use but it hasn't quit after a year and is ultra compact. My father in law is a hydraulic engineer and he has the same one. Loves it for the portability.

A good friend uses his OEM Focus RS air pump with all his cars. It looks similar but feels and sounds like a better quality pump.

Regarding the OEM Honda pump, I'm going to take the original suggestion and call the local Honda dealer tomorrow to see what they say about getting a replacement.

Last edited:

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Last edited:

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
The one I referenced in the original post wasn't HF, it was AccuTire: https://www.homedepot.com/p/ACCUTIR...t-300-psi-12-Volt-Compressor-MS5530/204488019 Not as nice as the Viair, but I'm happy with it.

I picked it up a while ago and throw it in whatever car I'm taking on a road trip. The readings were identical to my Longacre 52008. It gets a little hot with prolonged use but it hasn't quit after a year and is ultra compact. My father in law is a hydraulic engineer and he has the same one. Loves it for the portability.

A good friend uses his OEM Focus RS air pump with all his cars. It looks similar but feels and sounds like a better quality pump.

Regarding the OEM Honda pump, I'm going to take the original suggestion and call the local Honda dealer tomorrow to see what they say about getting a replacement.
I have two of these, but on my MDX the summer they overheat and shut off. So I went viair which is meant to work fast, but also has cooling fins for the motor. Had one for each car, now I have viair for each car.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
i have milwaukee air pump no wires and works flawlessly and fast no other like it
Sponsored