First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I sent the original problem bulletin to my buddy at my dealer and he showed nothing for my car on the vin report. Mine was built in April 2017, delivered 10/28/17. #00236
Alright so I called 3 different dealers. I haven't had any issues with my car yet. My 2018 Type R is not on the list of affected vehicles, so I think it's only for 2017 Type R's however, one of the parts they are replacing is the 3 tubes and I have that, but they won't replace anything unless its listed as needed or causes a problem. All 3 gave the same answer, my car is not affected.
If your VIN number is not listed as one of the affected vehicles, a dealer will not accept it.
Sponsored

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Anyone on here able to check vin's?

therealdarkknight

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If your VIN number is not listed as one of the affected vehicles, a dealer will not accept it.
I figured, I was posting to let people know the information on my car Incase they’re number neighbors they can get an idea if there’s a pattern. I understand it’s VIN related so there may not be a pattern at all.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
Go to a different dealer.

I just dropped my car off at Norm Reeves Honda Irvine for an oil change this morning. My service adviser immediately notified me of the Bulletin and asked if I can come back next week to have it replaced. I have no CEL light on at all.
Just scheduled a appointment at a different dealer. It seems like it would happen sooner or later. Hopefully it’s not going to be one of those come in without CEL and coming out with CEL Christmas lights on the dash.

PwrOfDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
I sent the original problem bulletin to my buddy at my dealer and he showed nothing for my car on the vin report. Mine was built in April 2017, delivered 10/28/17. #00236
Yours probably got repaired prior of being sold. Mine was built May 2017 and bought on June 2017. My VIN came up as being eligible for the service bulletin repair.

OP
OP
NTAWRX

NTAWRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 civic si and 2017 CTR #1077
Country flag
I honestly don’t think any of the dealerships understand how the new fix is going to be distributed. I was told this fix would be applied to all CTRs. The service manager that told me this had spoken to Honda Tech that day and was told that owners would be notified in July. Since the corrected wiring harness has not corrected the problem, which is what most of the CTRs have installed, I can’t believe Honda would restrict this to specific VINs. Ford sent out a curtisy update to the Focus RS owners for the head gasket. It was really a recall, but they didn’t call it that in the letter sent out. Maybe Honda will do the same thing.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Wow I think yours and mine is one of those got delayed. Same 4/17 build bought in 9/17. Problem free batch .

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
do you have the new hard pipe vacuum line design?
Probably not . I think mine has the green zip tight connector that's about it . Never seen a CEL or rev match fail from new to 10k miles (now)

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i don't even think the 2018s has the revised hard line and since this tsb only covers '17 so it's probably safe to say that the hard line and the solenoid placement isn't the issue...

mine is a MY17 june build date (iirc) and I bought it end of august and my vin doesn't show up as affected.

PwrOfDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
i don't even think the 2018s has the revised hard line and since this tsb only covers '17 so it's probably safe to say that the hard line and the solenoid placement isn't the issue...

mine is a MY17 june build date (iirc) and I bought it end of august and my vin doesn't show up as affected.
Yours most likely got updated at port prior of you buying it. I just scheduled an appointment to replace mines and they were adamant of affected VIN’s only. That is the only way they can order the parts since it’s a controlled item and that’s how the dealership can bill the manufacturer for the labor and parts. The hardline solenoid relocation seems like just an extra countermeasure to position it away from the harmonic frequency that causes the wires to loosen or break.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Yours most likely got updated at port prior of you buying it. I just scheduled an appointment to replace mines and they were adamant of affected VIN’s only. That is the only way they can order the parts since it’s a controlled item and that’s how the dealership can bill the manufacturer for the labor and parts. The hardline solenoid relocation seems like just an extra countermeasure to position it away from the harmonic frequency that causes the wires to loosen or break.
yeah i'm pretty sure the relocation is just a pre caution.
When i had my VIN ran, nothing showed up on their system. i'm relieved that i don't need to take it into the dealer but somewhat disappointed cause that capped hard line always bothered me lol.

PwrOfDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
yeah i'm pretty sure the relocation is just a pre caution.
When i had my VIN ran, nothing showed up on their system. i'm relieved that i don't need to take it into the dealer but somewhat disappointed cause that capped hard line always bothered me lol.
That’s a relief that you don’t have to bring it in. My car would be the first type R that the dealership worked on so that kind of make me nervous. The last time my car been at the dealership was for that one time free oil change and they managed to lose two bolts that is holding the bottom splash guard. I didn’t find this out until I did my own oil change and saw it was missing. Just one of those bolts cost me $12. :mad:
Sponsored