sbaugz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
Having issues with my climate control. 2 years ago my condenser died and was replaced under warranty. This past summer my air conditioning started having problems again. It would not get cold. I decided to wait until next summer. Now I am also noticing problems with heat in the winter, so I am thinking that its not actually the condenser, but a bigger problem. The vehicle is currently NOT under warranty. trying to see if I can diagnose and solve on my own.

Here is what its doing: If I put the temperature on auto- it does a fairly decent job of maintaining a temperature by adjusting the fan speed. On the other hand, if I set a temp and use any setting but auto, it literally blasts out super hot air. I can turn it down to 67 degrees and it will still blast out super hot air. under the auto setting, it seems to be pretty hot air as well, but at least the fan speed auto adjusts down to low.

When I play around with the temp settings it stays super hot from Hi all the way down to about 66 degrees. Then once I set it lower than 66 degrees, it gets a little cooler but never cold like air-conditioning.

Hopefully this makes sense. I followed a post for checking the diagnostics and it didn't seem to pull any codes although the instructions I used didn't seem to fully apply to my vehicle. Mine is an EX-L

thanks.
Sponsored

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bro have you inspected the pollen filter on your car its in the glove box it needs to be replaced or at least blown off often otherwise the car will kinda do what you describe....does your car smell bad from the vents sometimes? Anyways yeah...check cabin filter....

To access it you need to push on both sides of the glove box inward to "pull it off the hinges" and then it'll drop down revealing access to the filter...pull it out and check.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Canā€™t see how the pollen filter would do ā€˜thatā€™, but it wouldnā€™t hurt to check. How are your engine temperatures? It sounds like the valve routing coolant to your heater core is stuck open, or that part of the cooling system is air-locked. My money would be on a stuck valve. That would also explain the ā€˜hotā€™ A/C youā€™re getting, especially if it blows cold before your car starts to warm up.
Sponsored