mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not really sure exactly what this part is called but I'm planning on installing tweeters in the rear doors of my Civic Hatchback Sport. I was wondering if this little panel, like the door sails in front, is something I can buy or if it's permanently a part of the rear door panel itself

Honda Civic 10th gen Need part number for Civic Hatchback Rear Door Tweeter Mount Panel 2017-Honda-Civic-Hatchback-19-of-25
Sponsored

Theo74

First Name
Mariusz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 Turbo Sport version
Country flag
You have to remove/detach the door panel. From the rear side you will have the access to the tweeter. The old one must be removed - it is very easy. All you need is a flat head screw driver to release the tweeter from the nest.
After this use your imagination how to fix the tweeter. I used hot glue (before the tweeter side wall was protected by using the insulation tape).

OP
OP
naldy

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You have to remove/detach the door panel. From the rear side you will have the access to the tweeter. The old one must be removed - it is very easy. All you need is a flat head screw driver to release the tweeter from the nest.
After this use your imagination how to fix the tweeter. I used hot glue (before the tweeter side wall was protected by using the insulation tape).
I’m aware of all that, I was mainly wondering if that little piece can be detached from the door panel. I have a sport so it doesn’t have the hole for the tweeter. Just trying to avoid drilling a hole if possible

Theo74

First Name
Mariusz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 Turbo Sport version
Country flag
You don't need to drill anything. After tweeter detaching you will have a clear hole for new tweeter. Easy.
The speaker it is a separate piece which you need to disassembly from glossy black ring.

Last edited:
OP
OP
naldy

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You don't need to drill anything. After tweeter detaching you will have a clear hole for new tweeter. Easy.
The speaker it is a separate piece which you need to disassembly from glossy black ring.
I have a sport so it didn't come with factory tweeters. So there's nowhere to put my tweeters right now

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I looked into it a while ago. I wasn't able to find anything other than what @Phy posted up, which is the entire interior door panel. If someone magically has a source for just the tweeter part, I'd be interested too

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Need part number for Civic Hatchback Rear Door Tweeter Mount Panel door liner

It looks like it's molded into the panel

OP
OP
naldy

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
door liner.jpg

It looks like it's molded into the panel
Good call! I couldn't tell if it was held in by clips or not. Oh well, guess that answers my question. Time to break out the ole dremel

OP
OP
naldy

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
hole saw for a cleaner circle. Touch up the edges with some sandpaper
when you installed yours did you plug it up to an aftermarket amp or just directly to the door speaker?

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, I only did my fronts for now. I've been waiting on the rears because 1) I didn't wanna cut into my doors just yet and 2) spending other money on different expensive toys.

The fronts, I literally soldered to the door speaker

Probably going to give my audio system an overhaul before I look at adding rear tweeters.

OP
OP
naldy

naldy

First Name
mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So, I'm taking off rear door panels to do a partial fabric wrap on the door cards. The inside of the door panel shows you where they cut for the rear tweeters
FRKj77v.jpg
Yeah I saw that a little bit ago in an install video. Now I just need to find a couple more of the OEM plastic tweeter mounts so I can match the look of the ones in the front.

Keep us posted on the install, connecting the tweeters in the front directly into the door speakers cut the volume output a decent amount. Not really an issue but I was curious how everything would sound once I got the back tweeters installed the same way