Need help!

ChillSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi I have a 2020 civic SI with full bolt ons (catalyst downpipe muffler delete maperformance Cold air intake upgraded clutch turbo smart blow off valve and PRL inner cooler with piping and a ktuner) was wondering the best tune for the car it seams to be running very rich and the coolant temps are getting high please let me know thanks
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Ditch the BOV and it will behave better. There is a link in my sig which gives more detail. Two Step Performance and Phearable are behind the most popular off the shelf tunes available. Give them a look.

Many intakes are known to skew the MAF readings. You should switch back to the stock intake or pick up a PRL or other "known good" intake.

Seems like someone has been throwing more dollars than sense at your car.

OP
OP
ChillSi

ChillSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Ditch the BOV and it will behave better. There is a link in my sig which gives more detail. Two Step Performance and Phearable are behind the most popular off the shelf tunes available. Give them a look.

Many intakes are known to skew the MAF readings. You should switch back to the stock intake or pick up a PRL or other "known good" intake.

Seems like someone has been throwing more dollars than sense at your car.
What’s wrong with the MAPerformance intake what makes it worse thenalll the other ones I have had it on my car since the first month I got it I have had it for almost 2 years no issues everything started to accrue after putting the down pipe on

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What’s wrong with the MAPerformance intake what makes it worse thenalll the other ones I have had it on my car since the first month I got it I have had it for almost 2 years no issues everything started to accrue after putting the down pipe on
The MAF housing is slightly oversized and require custom tuning for proper operation.

MAP states the following: Please Note: This wIll work on a stock vehicle, but if tuned the MAP Stage 1+ Tune is required.

I assume you are not using their tune? No other "off the shelf" tune is designed to work with that intake.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Intake might be ok, swapping the stock intake back to see if the issues remain could help figure it out. First thing for sure though is to ditch the BOV.

OP
OP
ChillSi

ChillSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
The MAF housing is slightly oversized and require custom tuning for proper operation.

MAP states the following: Please Note: This wIll work on a stock vehicle, but if tuned the MAP Stage 1+ Tune is required.

I assume you are not using their tune? No other "off the shelf" tune is designed to work with that intake.
Ok I’m using the ktuner 19-23psi tune

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
So as someone stated above, in order to use the MAP intake, you would need to use the MAP tune. Based off what you currently have on the car, you should probably be getting a custom tune and that would negate the need to run the MAP tune since the custom tune will be specific to what you have installed currently.

and ditch the bov.

OP
OP
ChillSi

ChillSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
So as someone stated above, in order to use the MAP intake, you would need to use the MAP tune. Based off what you currently have on the car, you should probably be getting a custom tune and that would negate the need to run the MAP tune since the custom tune will be specific to what you have installed currently.

and ditch the bov.
Talking to tsp as we speak on a custom tune thank you guys for the help will update after the tune

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you can, get some before and after dynos lol.
Getting before and after dyno's is kind of expensive and time consuming once you've already modded. Generally you would establish a stock/baseline dyno, then periodically get new dyno runs in with each modification. That's what I did back when I had my WRX, but I was single and had a lot of disposable income as well as free time. Easily had a dozen dyno tuning sessions over the course of 6 years.

Putting a car on the dyno is a good recommendation, but overall just get some tuning time spent on the car.

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Getting before and after dyno's is kind of expensive and time consuming once you've already modded. Generally you would establish a stock/baseline dyno, then periodically get new dyno runs in with each modification. That's what I did back when I had my WRX, but I was single and had a lot of disposable income as well as free time. Easily had a dozen dyno tuning sessions over the course of 6 years.

Putting a car on the dyno is a good recommendation, but overall just get some tuning time spent on the car.
I know it isn't the cheapest thing to do lol. That's why I said if you can. I am just curious to see how much is gained going from the Ktuner tune to a custom tune with his current setup. Minus the BOV ?
Sponsored