Muffler delete

Jay_CIVICX

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Just a general question if I wanted to temporarily delete my muffler until I have enough money to buy a new exhaust system by deleting the muffler does that throw my warranty out the window? and If I added an aftermarket exhaust system does it throw the warranty out as well?
Sponsored

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I’m under the impression that the Stocks system flows very well
Just a general question if I wanted to temporarily delete my muffler until I have enough money to buy a new exhaust system by deleting the muffler does that throw my warranty out the window? and If I added an aftermarket exhaust system does it throw the warranty out as well?
Why would you want to delete the muffler sound? You’re better off being quiet and not calling attention to yourself

Partinrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6mt
I’m under the impression that the Stocks system flows very well

Why would you want to delete the muffler sound? You’re better off being quiet and not calling attention to yourself
This. Our stock system flows extremely well. If you’re looking for sound, go right ahead, but don’t expect to see any power gains. Personally I wouldn’t do a muffler delete, but then again it’s your car. As to your warranty question, the short answer is that it won’t void it.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Replacing the exhaust shouldn't affect your warranty. Just know that warranty won't be applicable if you have exhaust leak issues, and only the exhaust, not other issues with the car (like if a bumper falls off for no reason, they can't blame the exhaust). Or if in the extreme circumstance the exhaust is the cause of an issue (like 99.99% chance it won't be, unless it's a faulty install, falls off, and rips the pipe out of the head causing damage to the head or underside of the vehicle).

You won't get much performance from it save a couple Hp in the mid-high rpm range. The only reason to replace the exhaust is for sound and/or looks.
Sponsored