Mud Flaps, Yes? No?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Front ones are factory in Canada, rear ones are optional. In the US, both are accessories

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Our dealer threw them on for free (which I think means they were already on the car...). I think Canadian models all have them. I think they look fine. I haven't bottomed out yet and hopefully won't bottom out enough to crack them, but if I do, oh well. They can be replaced.
Correct. Canadian models come with the front ones included. I am considering getting the rear ones as well, but haven't yet decided.

Dan_justDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX
Country flag
Correct. Canadian models come with the front ones included. I am considering getting the rear ones as well, but haven't yet decided.
Don't hesitate. Snow, slush, and whatever they put down on the road in Toronto comes winter time will get the better of your car. Even for 100 bucks it's a no brainer across Canada .

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
I'm not a huge fan of them (I think they take away from the look of the car) but then again I don't think I would ever be in a situation where they would be worth it.

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Don't hesitate. Snow, slush, and whatever they put down on the road in Toronto comes winter time will get the better of your car. Even for 100 bucks it's a no brainer across Canada .
I'm still a bit unclear what the guards do as they do not come with any of my German cars (BMW, Audi) and I don't have any stone chips on the body of the car behind the drive wheels.

Is it designed the keep the front wheels from kicking up gravel/snow/slush under acceleration? Or is it purely aesthetic reasons?

Chiricon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I'm still a bit unclear what the guards do as they do not come with any of my German cars (BMW, Audi) and I don't have any stone chips on the body of the car behind the drive wheels.

Is it designed the keep the front wheels from kicking up gravel/snow/slush under acceleration? Or is it purely aesthetic reasons?
For me, it is purely for protection, not aesthetic reasons. Living in Ohio can be brutal on a car. Salt and gravel are used for treating roads in the Winter. I believe the splash guards help protect the car as well as limiting the amount of splash at times. I guess these aren't for everyone or for all climates so YMMV.

greyclocked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX
Country flag
got EDIT: *not free, included on my LX. They feel sturdy enough but I would not have paid extra for them if it was not on the car that was available. I even asked them to remove them and drop the price, they dropped the price by the amount but left them on.

I should add though that I live in a rainy area and I drive through a TON of muddy spattery stuff all the time and I do not have spray on the sides of my car if that matters..... usually just on the flaps and wheel well.

The back the of car gets super cruddy as well but I think that is a design thing.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ex-t
Country flag
I painted mine to get sort of a close match. The car stays cleaner and I'm not risking stone chips etc.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mud Flaps, Yes? No? {filename}

modernwarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (CBM)
If you're practical and OCD about the cleanliness of your car, then keep them. Before I had mine on, anytime it rained, the side panels of my car would look like a Jackson Pollock painting, except with water marks, wet dirt/mud, and debris. I just recently added some, and it doesn't at all take away from the aesthetic since I have a darker vehicle (CBM). Regardless, it's serves a practical purpose and it drastically reduces my frustration, especially when I invest time into cleaning my car.
Sponsored