Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I am ordering a KTuner next week unless there is a general consensus that something else is better for the money, plan on the getting the prl cai intake and a catted downpipe, eventually I want to get the methanol kit as well as there is no e85 anywhere near me.

I am open to all upgrades but mostly looking for performance at the moment as I don’t mind the suspension that it has atm and yes I am aware that I will need a better clutch. This is for the 19 si btw but I was just wondering what is the most beneficial upgrade order for parts and no im not worried about warranty
Sponsored

FK7 Mvnny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM 2018 EX Hatchback, NHBP 2007 Accord Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, you have the four most common/main upgrades for performance ready to go (Tuning program, down-pipe, clutch, CAI). In addition to the DP, I'd say take a look at an aftermarket FP because the stock one is crazy restrictive. I'd also say take a look at an aftermarket intercooler kit, and a strut tower brace (very good investment for improved handling). I'm running a CVT, so I can't vouch for it personally, but I've noticed a common upgrade specifically for SIs has been the Acuity throttle spacer for easier heel-toe. If you're shooting for crazy power, there's always the drop-in 27Won turbo, or the PRL 'Big Turbo Kit'.

As far as what order to get everything in, seeing that you're in Florida, I'd say focus on getting your temps as low as possible (so intake, intercooler, water/meth injection if you go for it, etc.) as quick as possible/first.

I'm sure there's more out there that people have done to improve performance on their 10th Gen, but I think I've covered the main ones that give you an immediate and noticeable jump in either handling/drivability or power.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Braces are a complete waste of money...

I’d recommend a ctr, etc rear sway over any brace.

Bang for buck is definitely k-tuner. Intake is mostly for sound. Not saying that a PRL cai doesn’t make gains, but you don’t get much for the money.

BTW, DP with a matching tune will require a clutch upgrade much sooner than later.

PAX CTR

Just another CW CTR
First Name
Pax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '02 EP3, '89 EF7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Air/Oil separator

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
A catch can or "air/oil separator" is a waste of money. The factory PCV system is more than adequate.

As for path of upgrade:

KTuner
Clutch
Downpipe
Charge cooling

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
A catch can or "air/oil separator" is a waste of money. The factory PCV system is more than adequate.
Not to derail, but I still do not quite understand why the current consensus is that catch cans are a "waste of money". Mine seems to collect quite a bit in colder weather. I guess it could be that the catch can configuration itself that is responsible. But without the catch can wouldnt this potentially deposit somewhere else?

OP
OP

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I live in Florida so I don’t have to worry about emissions test, has anyone had any abnormal smells from the catless dp and if so what brand do you have? With just the tune and dp think you will need a new clutch immediately? I have less then 2k on this clutch right now

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I live in Florida so I don’t have to worry about emissions test, has anyone had any abnormal smells from the catless dp and if so what brand do you have? With just the tune and dp think you will need a new clutch immediately? I have less then 2k on this clutch right now
Loving my rv6 catless dp/fp combo. Smell is basically nonexistent unless I go to get something from the trunk while the car is on. Clutch life is hard to judge because there are so many variables that affect it especially on this platform where clutches seem to be hit or miss.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Not to derail, but I still do not quite understand why the current consensus is that catch cans are a "waste of money". Mine seems to collect quite a bit in colder weather. I guess it could be that the catch can configuration itself that is responsible. But without the catch can wouldnt this potentially deposit somewhere else?
You're seeing mostly condensed water mixed with a small amount of oil.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Aegean Blue
Honestly, you have the four most common/main upgrades for performance ready to go (Tuning program, down-pipe, clutch, CAI). In addition to the DP, I'd say take a look at an aftermarket FP because the stock one is crazy restrictive. I'd also say take a look at an aftermarket intercooler kit, and a strut tower brace (very good investment for improved handling). I'm running a CVT, so I can't vouch for it personally, but I've noticed a common upgrade specifically for SIs has been the Acuity throttle spacer for easier heel-toe. If you're shooting for crazy power, there's always the drop-in 27Won turbo, or the PRL 'Big Turbo Kit'.

As far as what order to get everything in, seeing that you're in Florida, I'd say focus on getting your temps as low as possible (so intake, intercooler, water/meth injection if you go for it, etc.) as quick as possible/first.

I'm sure there's more out there that people have done to improve performance on their 10th Gen, but I think I've covered the main ones that give you an immediate and noticeable jump in either handling/drivability or power.

Welcome to the forum by the way!
Hey sorry to derail the thread, but regarding the front pipe restriction, if I skipped the downpipe for the sake of warranty concerns and just installed the 3 inch MAP front pipe and exhaust I have, would I need an adapter to mate the front pipe to the stock downpipe? Trying to figure it out before I take my car in to have it installed.

Tenshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Acuity shift upgrades and pedal relocation bracket are worth looking into. They are relatively cheap and while they don't affect the 0-60, they better the 'interface' and feel between driver and car.

I personally recommend the clutch line bushings for the highest 'bang for buck'. The stock ones are shitty rubber o-ring type things that give the shifts a 'rubber band' type feel. Push push push... Snap into gear. With the upgrades it becomes Push... snap. I also have the stiffer centering spring and base bushings but those require removing the center console. It isn't hard to do but it is normal to feel uneasy about doing it.

Pedal Relocation bracket gives you some options for the gas pedal. While I originally purchased it for heel toe shifting, I still suck at it. I don't drive the car hard enough to make heel toe worth while. Still, the new gas pedal position is a lot more comfortable.

Clutch Delay Valve delete is also worth looking into. This only costs a bottle of Dot 3 and a Saturday.

Good luck with the car! Enjoy making it your own
Sponsored