Mismatched interior carbon fiber trim

• Thread starter Deleted member 3699
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 3699

I noticed this a few days after I got my car that the Carbon Fibre strip (separated by the steering wheel) across my dash has two different textile designs.
The small piece to the left of the steering wheel is not the same textile design as the long strip to the right of the steering wheel. The right side design seems to be the norm.
I didn't really care and if nothing else I could probably just have the small piece replaced...

I was more curious if anyone else had this. I have a Canadian 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport WOP.
Sponsored

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
The small piece to the left of the steering wheel is not the same textile design as the long strip to the right of the steering wheel. The right side design seems to be the norm.
Do you mean left of the infotainment screen? The strip left of the steering wheel on mine has the faux carbon fibre trim and faux polished metal accent just like the long right side. But theres an itty bitty segment just left of the infotainment screen thats just carbon fibre.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mismatched interior carbon fiber trim IMG_20170601_142931228_HDR

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Left of the steering wheel:

Honda Civic 10th gen Mismatched interior carbon fiber trim IMG_20170601_143916160_HDR

OP
OP

Deleted member 3699

Left of the steering wheel:

IMG_20170601_143916160_HDR.jpg
Yes. The piece of left of the steering wheel.
The first picture with the piece left of the infotainment screen is matched with the rest of it to the right of the screen. Just the piece on the left side of the wheel.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3699

So here is mine...

Honda Civic 10th gen Mismatched interior carbon fiber trim IMG_0502.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Mismatched interior carbon fiber trim IMG_0503.JPG

I have an appointment with Honda later this week. When I go in, I will just get them to order that piece in.

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Oh yeah, that definitely is mismatched.

I wonder if that pattern is for a different market? Maybe European market or so, and someone accidentally installed it on your car?

OP
OP

Deleted member 3699

Oh yeah, that definitely is mismatched.

I wonder if that pattern is for a different market? Maybe European market or so, and someone accidentally installed it on your car?
Didn't think of that....possible.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
It's the interior trim for cloth sedan models. You only get the aluminum part if you have leather. There's actually 3 different finishes.
Sponsored