Jason3123

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 2019
Country flag
I have a 2019 Civic Hatch Sport. I purchased it in mid April, so about 70-80 days ago. 2 weeks ago while driving on the freeway the lower carbon fiber trim, at the bottom front of the vehicle, came undone while driving. I didn't hit anything. It got completely damaged while dragging along the road the rest of the drive home. The dealer replaced it, but it was very expensive, $800 for part/labor.

10 days later, it happened again, while driving on the freeway again, except this time it came completely off, and took the piece that is behind the front tire with it. I was able to pick them up off the freeway and will be going back to the dealer this Friday.

Does anyone know what the hell is wrong? The front of the car is literally falling apart while driving on the freeway? And this time it happened within 10 days of getting a replacement. I've attached a picture to show the missing part. It's the nice black trim along the bottom of the car. The part is very expensive and allegedly not covered by warranty. I can't afford to keep paying for this nonsense.

Honda Civic 10th gen HELP! FRONT CARBON FIBER LIP KEEPS RIPPING OFF Civic
Sponsored

alexis1991

First Name
alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I am in the exact same situation as you. the lower bumper lip ripped off about a month ago while driving on the freeway. i did not hit anything or ran over anything. i went to honda dealership and got it fixed/replaced. 5 days later i heard a loud noise while driving on freeway and seen parts of my car flying in the air behind me. this time the entire lower bumper ripped off and also the guards next to the tires. i took the car back to the same dealership and got all the parts replaced again for free. fast foward two weeks today i was driving on the freeway again. it happened for the 3rd time in a month. im going to call the honda dealership tommorrow morning and see what they say. i feel you bro . this has been really stressfull month and im sorry another person feels my pain.

cheesesteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Bad install? Issue with the lip/design itself??
Sponsored