Magnetic Transmission Drain Bolt

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey everyone,

So I bought the Skunk2 drain bolts for both oil and transmission. Oil bolts fits perfect, but the transmission bolt is too small.
Honda Civic 10th gen Magnetic Transmission Drain Bolt 1666034513514

Emailed Skunk2 about it but haven’t heard back yet.

Has anyone found a magnetic transmission drain bolt that fit the L15? I know Mishimoto and Greddy has a set but haven’t reached out yet.
Sponsored

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most of them list them wrong ,i allready told skunk 2 this months ago.They all still think the new honda's still use the same thread between the transmission and oil pan.

Transmission is M20x1.5 ,oil pan is m14 x1.5 on the 10th gen civic.The older honda's always had the same thread .I bought Dimple magnetic drain bolts , they are very strong much stronger then Skunk2 or others. M14x1.5 ,16mm long for the oil pan and m20x1.5 ,14mm long for the transmission.
Only downside of the dimple bolts are that they use a smaller hex size and also smaller seal rings.Which means you can't use the oem sealing ring .I just bought 20pc of the oem size before i ordered the dimple bolts...Dimple

OP
OP
simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Most of them list them wrong ,i allready told skunk 2 this months ago.They all still think the new honda's still use the same thread between the transmission and oil pan.

Transmission is M20x1.5 ,oil pan is m14 x1.5 on the 10th gen civic.The older honda's always had the same thread .I bought Dimple magnetic drain bolts , they are very strong much stronger then Skunk2 or others. M14x1.5 ,16mm long for the oil pan and m20x1.5 ,14mm long for the transmission.
Only downside of the dimple bolts are that they use a smaller hex size and also smaller seal rings.Which means you can't use the oem sealing ring .I just bought 20pc of the oem size before i ordered the dimple bolts...Dimple
Awesome thanks! The one in the pic, yea?
Honda Civic 10th gen Magnetic Transmission Drain Bolt 1666040682475

OP
OP
simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

OP
OP
simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yes that's the one ,allthough they are just zinc plated and not blue like in the picture.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I purchased one recently from Dimple but never heard back from them. Ended up opening a case with PayPal since I didnt hear from Dimple for 3+ weeks and got a refund. If you have any way to contact them, please let me know.

Looking at an ECS Tuning plug but waiting to hear if its the right size. Site shows as a M20x1.5 but didnt say anything about it being 14mm.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I purchased one recently from Dimple but never heard back from them. Ended up opening a case with PayPal since I didnt hear from Dimple for 3+ weeks and got a refund. If you have any way to contact them, please let me know.

Looking at an ECS Tuning plug but waiting to hear if its the right size. Site shows as a M20x1.5 but didnt say anything about it being 14mm.
I initially received BMW plugs from them which I also paid import tax for.
They shipped the right ones after but I never got any refund for the import tax I paid .They told me to sell the bmw plugs which I did but nobody ever bought them.Still have them laying around.
If the M20 transmission plug has the same fitment (subaru and others)then the length of 14mm would be the same .
The oem bolt is 15mm long AFAIK.

OP
OP
simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Ok cool. I think I'm just going to grab the one from ECS then. Thanks much my friend! 🙏

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Awesome thanks! The one in the pic, yea?
1666040682475.png
Does this fit 2017 non-Si model? I googled and it says non-Si is M18x1.5 and Type R is M20x1.5. I wanted to pull the trigger but just want to confirm the size for 2017 non-Si transmission sump oil size. Thanks!

OP
OP
simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If yours is M18x1.5 then it won’t fit since the one in the pic is M20.

I wouldn’t even bother ordering from that site anyway. I got no movement on my order after 3 weeks. Tried to contact them and no response. Opened a case with PayPal and ended up getting a refund. I bought something from ECSTuning.com and it fit perfect. Check out that site and see if they have the right size for your vehicle.

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Thanks for the advice! From the reviews I read, most of them rated Dimple very highly although it is ex but I am so close to pull the trigger. Will look over to ECSTuning. Thanks again.

OP
OP
simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yea I had read great reviews as well after they were recommended. The fact that I got no response when I reached out via email, phone and text, I said screw it an opened the case. Idk if they’re even in business anymore. When I searched for other peeps selling that plug, they were all on back order.

just for reference, this is the one I got from ecstuning.com. Just make sure you have the correct size/threading.

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
From searching a 5-door 2017 Hatch (MT) on HondaPartsNow, it also looks like M20

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts...transmission_manual/mt_transmission_case.html

90081-PWT-000
Bolt, Drain Plug (20MM)

Maybe some other options in the Titanium realm:

I think the Subaru's are also M20 x 1.5 so....

https://rallysportdesign.com/products/ej20-25-titanium-oil-drain-bolt-m20-magnetic

Also

https://www.titanium-works.com/prod...1&_sid=e74984906&_ss=r&variant=42627207757999

I am not certain at the moment what depth of magnet is appropriate (i.e. what is max) to fit our transmissions, but that RSD one seems short.

Or the Greddy one as noted (not Ti)

http://greddy.com/products/accessories/mag-drain/

OP
OP
simon_lefisch

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I am not certain at the moment what depth of magnet is appropriate (i.e. what is max) to fit our transmissions, but that RSD one seems short.
14mm is the depth you want.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does this fit 2017 non-Si model? I googled and it says non-Si is M18x1.5 and Type R is M20x1.5. I wanted to pull the trigger but just want to confirm the size for 2017 non-Si transmission sump oil size. Thanks!
My non SI civic MT had the M20 thread .The Dimple magnets are very good and very strong.They are twice as strong as skunk 2 magnetic drain plugs.
I also had bad experience with dimple when I initially bought them.(They send me bmw ones )
Sponsored