LX Speaker (only) Upgrade Feedback/Suggestions

arhncmh

It's not my fault, really.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
Just like the title says. I'm looking for feedback from folks on upgrading only the stock speakers. I have the non touch screen stereo, which seems to have issues putting out a wide enough range of sound frequencies, especially at lower volumes. I don't have a big budget. I'd prefer to spend less than $200 for everything. I'm fully capable of buying all the parts and doing the Installation. What I really need to know is:

- Is it worth it? Will new speakers be able to improve the quality of the sound across a wider range of volume settings?

...or is the stock stereo just not capable of more (needs to be replaced)? I've read several stereo replacement threads here in this Forum. Too expensive and also creates issues with the backup camera and steering wheel controls.

Any help would really be appreciated.
Sponsored

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Watching this thread.

And would like to know why nobody makes speaker adapters for the rear deck on an LX?

I don't have woodworking tools to make something up myself.

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Just like the title says. I'm looking for feedback from folks on upgrading only the stock speakers. I have the non touch screen stereo, which seems to have issues putting out a wide enough range of sound frequencies, especially at lower volumes. I don't have a big budget. I'd prefer to spend less than $200 for everything. I'm fully capable of buying all the parts and doing the Installation. What I really need to know is:

- Is it worth it? Will new speakers be able to improve the quality of the sound across a wider range of volume settings?

...or is the stock stereo just not capable of more (needs to be replaced)? I've read several stereo replacement threads here in this Forum. Too expensive and also creates issues with the backup camera and steering wheel controls.

Any help would really be appreciated.
Are you looking for sound quality or loudness? Both?
For sound quality I would replace the HU I noticed a huge improvement when I changed mine even though I already had an amp and new speakers.

For more volume I would add a small amp you could probably get a good cheaper one with a kit for around $200 like 50 watts rms and that would help alot if you don't want to replace the HU.

IMO the OEM radio is garbage. When I just replaced the radio and had stock speakers I noticed a much more noticeable improvement in sound quality since it has more power and the features are really nice.

OP
OP
arhncmh

arhncmh

It's not my fault, really.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
Are you looking for sound quality or loudness? Both?
For sound quality I would replace the HU I noticed a huge improvement when I changed mine even though I already had an amp and new speakers.

For more volume I would add a small amp you could probably get a good cheaper one with a kit for around $200 like 50 watts rms and that would help alot if you don't want to replace the HU.

IMO the OEM radio is garbage. When I just replaced the radio and had stock speakers I noticed a much more noticeable improvement in sound quality since it has more power and the features are really nice.
Thanks for replying Space Lord (Vader by chance?).

I agree wholeheartedly that replacing the HU will improve the sound quality.

I would love to replace the HU, but I don't see how replacing the HU will fit in my budget, and I have concerns about losing key features.

What HU did you install, and how much did it cost?

Have you lost any of the key features (steering wheel controls, backup camera)?

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Thanks for replying Space Lord (Vader by chance?).

I agree wholeheartedly that replacing the HU will improve the sound quality.

I would love to replace the HU, but I don't see how replacing the HU will fit in my budget, and I have concerns about losing key features.

What HU did you install, and how much did it cost?

Have you lost any of the key features (steering wheel controls, backup camera)?
I installed a Pioneer 4200nex about $500. Expensive but worth it to me because they were part of the reason I got an LX so I could change the radio easier. Everything still works, steering wheel controls, backup camera, even the factory USB port the only thing is the oem mic doesn't work but you can put the aftermarket one in the same location. This radio is a good option and if you buy the kits too the total should only be around $300, not crazy over your budget.

https://jet.com/product/detail/c89b...&clickid=011c5156-9b54-4a2b-92d5-6ff7f4eacb4c
There are some speakers that play nice with the stock head unit I've seen people put in here but I can't remember where that thread is.

kortan72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX CVT wit Honda Sensing
Hi congratulations about your stereo. I got mine installed in Best Buy but I am not happy with the rear camera view. Is yours like this?

Honda Civic 10th gen LX Speaker (only) Upgrade Feedback/Suggestions E3B2A6AD-A9B8-4AEC-B25D-A28BF9584B3E

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hi congratulations about your stereo. I got mine installed in Best Buy but I am not happy with the rear camera view. Is yours like this?

E3B2A6AD-A9B8-4AEC-B25D-A28BF9584B3E.jpeg
Mine is the same it's only in the fisheye view but I like it because it helps me see around cars. Only the Android radios keep the 3 backup views so far.
Sponsored