LEDs for high beams

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I decided to put LEDs in my high beams. I know there's been hate for having LEDs in the high beams, but I had the courage like Apple to put them in.

View attachment 35696
So you have LEDs in both low and hi beams?

Which brand are you using?

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
LEDs for both. I had this "awakening" recently, some jackass was leaving the grocery store lot at night as I was going in and had a jeep with LEDs in the reflectors. When they came on, they were beyond blinding.

I took a look recently at my high beams and they do not have projectors like the low beams do, they are reflectors, so I assume my high beams would equally blind someone like they did to me. :)

So sometimes when someone cuts me off or drives really slow at night, I flip them on and blind them. Generally for cars I give about 3 car lengths for optimal effect, Trucks/SUVs, more distance is needed so 4 car lengths is good.

Recently there was some idiot on the highway with LEDs in halogen reflectors, so I let him pass, then got behind him and flipped my high beams on. Worked well.
lmfao very good... i am just like u lmfao... or if i'm riding my bike and somebody cuts me off it's a bye bye to their side view mirrors LOL

BlueCivic

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Hatchback LX, 11 CR-Z
Hi there,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but a question regarding High Beam on my 2018 Civic Hatch LX. If I install a LED 9005/HB3 Bulb into the high beam location, will I need resistors - that is, will the computer in the car generate an error when the High Beams are on?

Thanks everyone.

Mark
Sponsored