JakeTheSnake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Well I bought some LED Headlights off amazon for dirt cheap and honestly they are amazing! I love the looks and it matches my DRL's perfectly, The picture doesn't really do it justice but for $40 i'm very impressed, very easy to put in too. Excuse the halogen fog lights, im gonna be changing those to either LED's
or yellow fog lights (opinions on that are welcome) Also excuse the dirty car i live in Minnesota and its -20 today so lots of salt on the road.

Here's the link to the headlights in case anyone wants to take a peek:
https://www.amazon.com/CougarMotor-Headlight-Bulbs-All-Conversion/dp/B01H6NZ7D8

Honda Civic 10th gen LED Headlights {filename}
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I’m happy with my Amazon led fogs. The headlights are so so. Might switch them out at some point.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
JakeTheSnake

JakeTheSnake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

Greencobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si 2016 Mazda CX-9
I started with led on my headlights but switched to hid lights and led yellow fogs. Huge difference. I always buy on Amazon. You find gems

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
Yeah I’m happy with my Amazon led fogs. The headlights are so so. Might switch them out at some point.
I would switch out your led headlights for some 6k HID's if you aren't satisfied with how well they illuminate ... Hids will always give a stronger light output compared to LEDs.. I went HID low beams and LED fogs.. couldn't be more satisfied

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would switch out your led headlights for some 6k HID's if you aren't satisfied with how well they illuminate ... Hids will always give a stronger light output compared to LEDs.. I went HID low beams and LED fogs.. couldn't be more satisfied
I had HIDs in my last car. They were bright but flakey. They didn’t always turn on when it was below 20 degrees. I might just get some brighter LEDs

OP
OP
JakeTheSnake

JakeTheSnake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I started with led on my headlights but switched to hid lights and led yellow fogs. Huge difference. I always buy on Amazon. You find gems
How hard was it to install HID, LED's were simple plug and play which is more of what i wanted plus where I live it has been -20 these past two weeks and I heard HID's wont always turn on in the cold

Greencobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si 2016 Mazda CX-9
How hard was it to install HID, LED's were simple plug and play which is more of what i wanted plus where I live it has been -20 these past two weeks and I heard HID's wont always turn on in the cold
I haven't had any issues with my hids. They are also plug and play. It seems more complicated because of the ballasts but it's simple. If a plug doesnt go somewhere it wont fit.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah they are very straightforward. The hardest part is finding a spot for the ballasts. I didn't have issues with my HID's until after a few years. They started not always coming on in the cold. DDM is a good company to work with. They warranty their stuff for a long time. The only issue is their stuff comes from China, so you have to wait a while for a replacement.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I had HIDs in my last car. They were bright but flakey. They didn’t always turn on when it was below 20 degrees. I might just get some brighter LEDs
I had Morimoto HIDs in my last car, they never failed to turn on, even at -30. Took 10-15 seconds to warm up to full brightness at that temperature, though.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had Morimoto HIDs in my last car, they never failed to turn on, even at -30. Took 10-15 seconds to warm up to full brightness at that temperature, though.
Yeah mine were cheap lol. I’m not about to drop $100 or more for HIDs.
Sponsored