First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport 2019
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Just purchased a 2019 Sport Hatch a few weeks ago. Yesterday, the key I’ve been using wouldn’t turn the ignition. I had just used the key a couple hours earlier. All other features seemed to work, such as lock, unlock etc. I then tried my other key and it turned on fine. Attempted again with the non-working key and no luck. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Just purchased a 2019 Sport Hatch a few weeks ago. Yesterday, the key I’ve been using wouldn’t turn the ignition. I had just used the key a couple hours earlier. All other features seemed to work, such as lock, unlock etc. I then tried my other key and it turned on fine. Attempted again with the non-working key and no luck. Has anyone else experienced this?
I've had something like this happen with my dad's old lexus. Go to the dealer and see if they'll exchange the key for you, sometimes the key or the ignition key slot is deformed due to being poorly cut.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I bought mine used with a factory key and what was obviously a replacement Honda key. The replacement was sluggish and 'sticky'. I used a sanding sponge to lightly 'knock off the sharp edges' of the cut portions. Do it in small phases and wipe it down before trying it in the lock cylinder. Now both keys are equally smooth in their operation. I suspect whoever duplicated the new one forgot that process.
Sponsored