First Name
Jarett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Hello

I have been having an issue with my 2016 LX where my driver rear door will almost never lock with the key fob or manually with the key. I must use the button on the inside of the driver rear door to lock it. I’ve tried new batteries and both key fobs. It will lock 1 out of 10 times randomly. All the other doors lock fine. Everything else works on the key fob.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I can't imagine why this would be an issue. But check the child safety lock on the rear door. And see if changing its position makes any difference.

OP
OP

JarettS

First Name
Jarett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
I can't imagine why this would be an issue. But check the child safety lock on the rear door. And see if changing its position makes any difference.
The child lock causes the door to not lock? I didn’t know that. I thought it was So the door can’t be “un” locked from the inside. that’s why I didn’t try that. My issue is the rear drivers side door doesn’t lock using the key manually by inserting in into the lock itself or using the keyfob. Anyway I tried changing the child lock position but it didn’t help.

shoegazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The child lock causes the door to not lock? I didn’t know that. I thought it was So the door can’t be “un” locked from the inside. that’s why I didn’t try that.
Yeah. So far as I know it's just a interruption in the linkage from the handle. But it was something to try. Good luck.

shoegazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The only other stuff that comes to mind is to disconnect the battery and do a global reset of everything. It sounds like your key is communicating with the car and the signal is being received. While I haven't heard of this specific issue; the answer, more and more, with our cars seems to be to reboot the system when all else fails.

OP
OP

JarettS

First Name
Jarett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
The only other stuff that comes to mind is to disconnect the battery and do a global reset of everything. It sounds like your key is communicating with the car and the signal is being received. While I haven't heard of this specific issue; the answer, more and more, with our cars seems to be to reboot the system when all else fails.
That sounds like a good idea. how do I do a global reset? Just disconnect the battery? Or is there more. Thanks.

shoegazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Write down your radio settings and sound preferences.

Disconnect the positive battery cable and walk away for about a half hour.

IIRC... this will reset everything to factory. And, hopefu;lly, solve your issue. If not; it's one more troubleshooting step that you have crossed off of the list.

OP
OP

JarettS

First Name
Jarett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Write down your radio settings and sound preferences.

Disconnect the positive battery cable and walk away for about a half hour.

IIRC... this will reset everything to factory. And, hopefu;lly, solve your issue. If not; it's one more troubleshooting step that you have crossed off of the list.
I’m gonna try that. Thank you for your help.

shoegazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m gonna try that. Thank you for your help.
Forgot to mention...

Be very careful that you don't unscrew the post terminal bolt any more than necessary to wiggle the thing off. There's a lock nut on the other side that will fall off the bolt and into the abyss of the engine bay if you go too far.

OP
OP

JarettS

First Name
Jarett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Forgot to mention...

Be very careful that you don't unscrew the post terminal bolt any more than necessary to wiggle the thing off. There's a lock nut on the other side that will fall off the bolt and into the abyss of the engine bay if you go too far.
Thanks. Good to know. I’ll post if it fixed it or not.

OP
OP

JarettS

First Name
Jarett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Thanks. Good to know. I’ll post if it fixed it or not.
That might have actually fixed it. All doors locked 10 out of 10 times. Thanks a lot man! Cheers
Sponsored