Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Folks, I normally just leave all of this in my own build thread but felt changing the ADS system to Coilovers is quite a substantial modification not only to my Si, but also for the forum's knowledge - it also happens that there's no conversation about these on the forum for Si application so I took the plunge and got myself the K-Tuned K1 Street Coilovers. Short of it is that I got these for more performance-oriented driving, and that I wanted to add a little bit of functional camber at the front for less tire roll, and better wheel and tire clearance.

Product Page: http://bit.ly/K1StreetCivicXSi

Honda Civic 10th gen K-Tuned K1 Street Coilovers - Si-specifc IMG_20190802_172018

Spoiler - no ADS Error canceler module just yet, K-Tuned is working on a bypass. I get the ADS Error message when I start rolling after turning on the car, and I simply click the info button below volume slider on the steering wheel to minimize it to the circled i on the dash.

I picked these up from K-Tuned HQ direct as they're local to me, and had them installed at Apex Motoring in Mississauga, and it helps that they've had positive experiences with the K-Tuned brand. Between that, my buddy who operates a CeramicPro franchise coated them - didn't know one could do that, but apparently it does help avoid corrosion, dust etc. we'll find out about that. The coilovers themselves upon inspection came very well packaged, and the thick steel shock bodies looked well designed. All additional components looked to be of quality. Not as fancy as your KW, Ohlins, or perhaps HKS brand, but or $1,099 USD they felt good in the hands. I don't recall my BC BR Coilovers for my previous car being this robust.

Honda Civic 10th gen K-Tuned K1 Street Coilovers - Si-specifc IMG_20190809_232322
Honda Civic 10th gen K-Tuned K1 Street Coilovers - Si-specifc IMG_20190809_232403
Honda Civic 10th gen K-Tuned K1 Street Coilovers - Si-specifc IMG_20190810_003024
Honda Civic 10th gen K-Tuned K1 Street Coilovers - Si-specifc IMG_20190809_234700
Honda Civic 10th gen K-Tuned K1 Street Coilovers - Si-specifc IMG_20190810_003546
Honda Civic 10th gen K-Tuned K1 Street Coilovers - Si-specifc IMG_20190810_003136

I was on H&R Springs previously, and opted to change out to these as the OEM Si dampers + Springs are too floaty for anything high speed on Track, and way too much body roll on AutoX and Track. The original components were taken off with ease without any rust on them as I wash the car weekly (twice weekly during past two winters - won't be winter driving anymore for several reasons). So far I've done some highway driving, city driving, and took it to AutoX the next day for a combined total of 150kms (93 miles) driven.

Here is a comparison of me on Si Dampers + Lowering Springs (Top) vs. Coilovers (Bottom). Even without a bit of performance driving I could tell there was a lot less body roll, but these two pictures should give you a visual of the difference.

Honda Civic 10th gen K-Tuned K1 Street Coilovers - Si-specifc IMG_20190812_220850_594

Initial Impressions
- Sport mode's Throttle Response feature, and tune activation or switching (if applicable for tuned Si's) is still functional
- Not sure if Sport mode's Enhanced Steering Response is still active however (can someone confirm?), BUT with the stiffer setup, and additional camber I have noticed turn-in is a lot more immediate, and have had to dial down my steering inputs to get the same direction change as before.
- The ride is stiff but not jarring. I have camber plates at the front, and the rears fit into the existing seats. Note: 32-way adjustable, Fronts are adjusted from the top of the shocks under the hood. The Rears are actually adjusted from sticking your hand behind the tire, and dialing it up or down. You'll see the knob which looks like a gear in my installed pictures above. At no point did I feel uncomfortable, being thrown around, or bouncing around. I will play with the dampening to see what's optimal for the roads I drive on.
- I got an initial alignment done with the install but I will be returning next week for a check-up and proper corner balancing.

So yeah, that's about it for now, I hope I was able to share some insightful information. Feel free to comment, ask questions, and if you've got them on order or will be buying them too after reading this thread then let everyone know :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

whiteSIR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hopefully K-Tuned gets that bypass soon, that error code would bug the sh*t out of me.

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hopefully K-Tuned gets that bypass soon, that error code would bug the sh*t out of me.
I thought so too, but it really hasn't bothered me so far as I'm liking everything else about the setup so far. Nonetheless I will still get the bypass when it comes out.

black18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I thought so too, but it really hasn't bothered me so far as I'm liking everything else about the setup so far. Nonetheless I will still get the bypass when it comes out.
I dealt with the 4C light for 2 years from having KWs.. never got that magnet trick to work lol

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dealt with the 4C light for 2 years from having KWs.. never got that magnet trick to work lol
Bringing back our P2 R days aren't ya! To those reading who don't know what we're talking about, 04-07 Volvo S60 R & V70 R with 3-way adaptive dampers were referred to as the 4C dampers. A SwedeSpeed Forum friend made me the 4 modules for $40 USD...

HKS, D2/TruHart have figured out the OHM and Watt to trick the sensors on this car. I'm sure in due time others will figure out as well, and charge way less than the current absurd prices.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Bringing back our P2 R days aren't ya! To those reading who don't know what we're talking about, 04-07 Volvo S60 R & V70 R with 3-way adaptive dampers were referred to as the 4C dampers. A SwedeSpeed Forum friend made me the 4 modules for $40 USD...

HKS, D2/TruHart have figured out the OHM and Watt to trick the sensors on this car. I'm sure in due time others will figure out as well, and charge way less than the current absurd prices.
Fingers crossed for Tein to figure it out :rolleyes:

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fingers crossed for Tein to figure it out :rolleyes:
I hear Tein will have coilover option(s). Fair play to everyone coming out with options for Si, we've got a pretty healthy aftermarket already with tons of room to grow!

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What you see appear without the Canceler Modules. Honestly, after having the coilovers for nearly a month, the light or message doesn't bother me as it's out of my line of sight once I minimize it to just the info light. In any case the benefit of going with these coilovers has been so great that I'm overall extremely happy to have made the switch! :)

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Track Day with the Coilovers last weekend was really satisfying! No more floaty stock suspension :)

To top it off I'll have the Whiteline Rear Sway Bar installed before my next outing on the 29th!

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
Just ordered these coilovers and I'm really excited to get rid of the floaty feeling with my skunk2 springs. I love the rear adjustment knob location, also thanks for the detailed write up. Can't wait to install them.

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ride Height has been set to about a two-finger gap, and there has been no rub once I dialed in -2 degrees camber front, 0 toe, and cannot recall caster.

More than a month in on these coilovers, and so far they are great! :)

Honda Civic 10th gen K-Tuned K1 Street Coilovers - Si-specifc IMG_20190915_102632
Honda Civic 10th gen K-Tuned K1 Street Coilovers - Si-specifc IMG_20190915_102604

dangerz

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Looks great dude.

How often do you track your car? I've spent a lot of time in my previous cars, but haven't taken my SI. I wasn't sure how well it'd hold up.

OP
OP
CanadiaegeanBlue

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great dude.

How often do you track your car? I've spent a lot of time in my previous cars, but haven't taken my SI. I wasn't sure how well it'd hold up.
Thanks! It'll be my third outing of the year this weekend, so 3-4 times a season :) Just trying to get seat time in because the car has so much more potential than I have skill. You should have no problem at your skill level exploring the limits of the stock Si, and then upgrading as you go. I would say take it out and enjoy as is, and then begin upgrading :)

I just added the Whiteline rear sway bar as well, and finally understand what everyone was on about it really helping the rear rotate!

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking to get a RSB next and will likely go with the Eibach 25mm. My question is, are you still running -1.8 camber in the rear?
Trying to find out what is the most optimal rear camber for FF's.
Sponsored