First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"Hmmm, starting a topic about the new Supra, where should it go... Hmmmmm... General automotive? Nah! Off topic chat? Nahhhhhhh, let's go with general 10th Gen CIVIC discussion."

Jesus tap dancing Christ. :doh:
I said this in a post above. Apparently nobody listens, lol
Sponsored

icemansi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Fit Sport
Country flag
even with the bow motor its badass, things quick to, under rated from factory makes lots of power

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I was more annoyed when honda dealerships decided to add a 10k mark up on a 35k car because they are "rare".
I'm not sure they are winning on this. Maybe the dealers are, but Honda could just have set a higher MSRP if they are so rare. But, fact is, they never even mentioned Type R to me, let alone tried to interest me in it when I was buying the Sport Touring. Being an impulse buyer I just could have gone for it it. When I saw the R in front of the dealer and asked "what is this"? the salesman said "Oh, that's a customer's car. You don't want it". I guess he knew there was no chance in hell I would pay the huge markup they were going to ask for. But the MSRP itself actually was lower than I thought it would be.
A customer they classify as a Type R buyer is a guy who runs to the dealership screaming "do you have civics Type R on the lot? I will take one, color is no object."

Long time ago I tried to buy a Honda Odyssey, but it was supposedly under "limited supply" and the dealer was holding on to the MSRP. I told them that to me "limited supply" is a turn off, not an incentive to pay more, because it means manufacturing or logistics problems.

After long haggling the boss wouldn't let go and the young salesman was crying real tears when I finally left. It was supposed to be his first sale and I really wanted to buy this van. I then found a Mazda MPV on the other side of the street.