Anyone else blowing their speakers easy?

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Many years ago I learn a radio or a amplifier may produce very bad frequency ( DC current ? ) at high level wich can destroy speakers.

Search with Google ?
Sponsored

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
I have a safety built in my ears, since I feel a sharp pain from too high dB and then run away.

Last year I went to see the Petit LeMans race in Braselton close to Atlanta, and I forgot to bring my ear protection (like what I use for shooting). I had to immediately run to the store to buy an overpriced set of ear plugs to be able to stay there and take some pictures. (next one starts in less than 225 days!)
So, if I wanted to have people around hear my music at max level, without sacrificing my ears, I would put in some earplugs and then crank it up:spaz:.

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
20 with a rubber door jamb in the subwoofer was max for me. Maybe 10 without it. Still sounded like shit though so replaced everything but the head unit for a much smoother sound. Sound Ordnance tweets, Kenwood mids and a Kicker woofer with dedicated amp.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i own car for a year and a half i play music at almost max all the time, betwen 35-39... quality sucks from day 1 buy nothing broke yet...

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Back in the late nineties my son ( in his early 20's) owned a Honda CRX and the stereo system he installed was insane! Tons of watts and woofers and needless to say he has very bad hearing now. I have a 2019 Honda CTR and assuming it is the same sound system. I never listen over 20 setting and had no idea it would go as high as 40! At 40 your are more than likely into clipping and that's a speaker killer. Another issue could be your music source ie memory stick and music file quality. Garbage in, garbage out
I have a high end audiophile system at home. My amp puts out 500watts @ 8 ohms 650@4ohms and 1200@2ohms and I have the volume set 1/4 turn and the dynamic's and sound quality are amazing and without blowing out my ears!!

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Thank you for this. I had no idea this existed will definitely look into this
Of course, you're welcome.

Weather turned nice yesterday by the time I was done work and I drove home with the moonroof open, blasting music and it's heavy rock, so it's by no means easy on speakers. Depending on the song, I was between 24-30 in volume with zero distortion and it was really loud.. And this coming from a guy who has a custom 5.1 surround at home with 4x10" woofers.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else blowing their speakers easy? speaker

It's an old picture - different amplifier/computers/furniture - but the speaker is the same. These monsters came from a $20K Sharp home entertainment system someone split up for drugs. :rofl:

In the car, the factory premium sound is plenty loud for me and I've played music on my home ent so loud, the ground outside the house reverbs and you can hear the music, note for note, across the street, even with all the windows closed. haha.

Neural Sound man. Check it out to get a clear output. You can tap the Neural Sound button at the top right of the audio screen (white is enabled) if it's not already on. It should prevent the wrong range of audio going to inadequate speakers.

Vnamvet

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
20 with a rubber door jamb in the subwoofer was max for me. Maybe 10 without it. Still sounded like shit though so replaced everything but the head unit for a much smoother sound. Sound Ordnance tweets, Kenwood mids and a Kicker woofer with dedicated amp.
If you wouldn't mind, AND if you think they can replace the speakers in my 2020 Civic Touring, what exactly str the model/part numbers of the speakers you replaced.
I have 10 speakers .
Thank you in advance.

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Sound system is great in the 10th gen at least for the Si's. I don't know bout everyone here but I love to blast my music on days with good weather all the way up to 40 with the windows down. I don't do this all the time but I do it a decent amount, can our speakers not handle this power?

Blew my speakers a total of 3 times. 2 times it got replaced under warranty and it recently blew again but I'll be getting a 2020 si next month so I decided to stick it out until then. Speakers don't fully blow but I think the subwoofers do as there is a ton of rattling at lower volumes.
The bass rattle is caused by loose mounting. Get a rubber door stop and wedge it between the sub-woofer housing and the rear lid. Eg. https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/touring-subwoofer-rattles.906/page-35

My solution to improving sound: replace everything except the head unit.

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
If you wouldn't mind, AND if you think they can replace the speakers in my 2020 Civic Touring, what exactly str the model/part numbers of the speakers you replaced.
I have 10 speakers .
Thank you in advance.
Sorry I don't remember or have access to that info easily. But crutchfield.com is where the components are from. Enter your car info and they give you all options and you should be able to guess. They were willing to talk about options as long as I needed and knew their stuff. I'm very happy with it. They'll even tell you which wiring harnesses and adapters that you will need.
Sponsored