Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Any info on performance?
For the Injen intercooler at least, I know it has a positive effect on real world intake air temperatures. I don't have the info in front of me, but I believe it cooled the air by an additional 15 deg. F (about). Injen claims 24 deg. F maximum.
Sponsored

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Theoretically, if you install a larger intercooler and nothing else changes (including negating any positive effect from better cooling), you'd lose boost/power because of the larger volume of air it holds. You'll have to up the boost slightly just to make up for the difference.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
So a tune from lets say hondata +6psi bump would benefit from having an intercooler just to keep the temp down as to not lose power from heatsoak? If so I think it's worth the intercooler upgrade.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Theoretically, if you install a larger intercooler and nothing else changes (including negating any positive effect from better cooling), you'd lose boost/power because of the larger volume of air it holds. You'll have to up the boost slightly just to make up for the difference.
Correct, although Injen does advertise only a 0.5 PSI drop. The decrease in air temps seem to make up for this in terms of power.

In any case, if you throw a FlashPro in the mix then the pressure drop issue will of course be solved :)

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Guys Guys Guys, thoughts on swapping in a type r intercooler. It's only $152 on hondapartsnetwork. That's just the intercooler itself though. But still pretty dang cheap.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guys Guys Guys, thoughts on swapping in a type r intercooler. It's only $152 on hondapartsnetwork. That's just the intercooler itself though. But still pretty dang cheap.
I've wondered about this myself. Someone should get a hold of one and see if there is any potential.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
It will cost way more then 152. Not a direct fit for one, lots of other little parts you would have to buy also, if you can't do the work, there's some labor costs also. Not worth it.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
a guy on youtube with a white SI had a bunch of issues with the injen intercooler.....dont you think it actually didnt help blowing your turbo procivic?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Injen <---- mass produced bs. Sorry but I'm not gonna sugar coat this.. most of the brand names like this just produce garbage for the most part. It's over priced and over hyped horse poo. The people that do buy into this crap are wasting money. Get the real products with real world results and proof. And this is not to bash just Injen, there plenty of other company's doing the same sh!t!

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
a guy on youtube with a white SI had a bunch of issues with the injen intercooler.....dont you think it actually didnt help blowing your turbo procivic?
We had the factory intercooler installed when the turbo blew, which we determined was due to extreme oil temps (due to us pushing the car and it being really hot outside).

Tiravete

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 Hatchback EX (CVT)
We had the factory intercooler installed when the turbo blew, which we determined was due to extreme oil temps (due to us pushing the car and it being really hot outside).
@procivic, He refers to this video, actually the guy got the intercooler from you. I was thinking to buy one, however what he explain here, make me think twice before get one from Injen company.

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to chime back in here, since I had to go back 2 pages to figure out why I was getting notifications, but we just got our first run of production samples for our 1.5T intercoolers and piping in the other day. Make sure to check out our ongoing intercooler thread and as always, our Engineering Blog. We're starting our testing today on a '16 Sport Hatch, and we have an SI on deck as well, so expect some updates on this project coming soon!

Always have to post a teaser:
Honda Civic 10th gen Intercooler upgrade? 082117_NLT_Civ_Int_WEB_1

-Nick

Metal_Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
^^That's a '17 Sport Hatch correct?

Tiravete

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 Hatchback EX (CVT)
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to chime back in here, since I had to go back 2 pages to figure out why I was getting notifications, but we just got our first run of production samples for our 1.5T intercoolers and piping in the other day. Make sure to check out our ongoing intercooler thread and as always, our Engineering Blog. We're starting our testing today on a '16 Sport Hatch, and we have an SI on deck as well, so expect some updates on this project coming soon!

Always have to post a teaser:
082117_NLT_Civ_Int_WEB_1.jpg

-Nick
Good to know it, money on hold!!!

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
I've wondered about this myself. Someone should get a hold of one and see if there is any potential.
It will cost way more then 152. Not a direct fit for one, lots of other little parts you would have to buy also, if you can't do the work, there's some labor costs also. Not worth it.
@17siturb0's right. So, the hot side pipes for the Type R are routed straight back around the the radiator, while the 1.5T mounts directly to the side of the intercooler. You would need a completely custom set of charge pipes for not that much of an upgrade. You'll be better off going aftermarket for that.

^^That's a '17 Sport Hatch correct?
Our loaner is actually a '16, and according to the owner one of the first hatches out on the east coast ;) I guess it was tricky to get red on black in manual, at least for the first few months.

Good to know it, money on hold!!!
:headbang:

Also, I don't mean to thread-jack, so if you have any Q's on our kit shoot me a PM or check out our thread linked above!

Thanks guys!

-Nick
Sponsored