1.5T CVT Intercooler upgrade

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
isn't 27won coming out with their own intercooler? I thought I saw something on their website
Sponsored

OP
OP
Smilo359

Smilo359

First Name
Aneliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
isn't 27won coming out with their own intercooler? I thought I saw something on their website
I believe they are, but it'll still be some time for that one. Last I heard it was still in the development stage. I can't wait to see it though! And GReddy still haven't released theirs either..

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe they are, but it'll still be some time for that one. Last I heard it was still in the development stage. I can't wait to see it though! And GReddy still haven't released theirs either..
@Vincent@27WON is in fact working on an intercooler as we speak. He is detailing the development on his blog

https://www.27won.com/blog/2016-civic-oe-intercooler-system-breakdown
https://www.27won.com/blog/2016-civic-intercooler-whats-in-the-works-27won
https://www.27won.com/blog/2016-honda-civic-intercooler-cast-end-tank-design

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
The 27won IC looks just about identical to the Mishimoto. They are adding a TAB FIN on the hot side to apparently better direct airflow in. That is the only difference. They are also designing Charge Pipe/Tubing as well that will be "flexible"; as they don't expect everyone to have a RMM.
For the CVT owners, the Mishimoto IC and the PRL Charge Pipe Hose Upgrade Kit would be the best bang for the $ - since we're not changing the size of the turbo anytime soon :)

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The 27won IC looks just about identical to the Mishimoto. They are adding a TAB FIN on the hot side to apparently better direct airflow in. That is the only difference. They are also designing Charge Pipe/Tubing as well that will be "flexible"; as they don't expect everyone to have a RMM.
For the CVT owners, the Mishimoto IC and the PRL Charge Pipe Hose Upgrade Kit would be the best bang for the $ - since we're not changing the size of the turbo anytime soon :)
Yea I'm gunna wait to see what the price difference is going to be, Looking at all of these products it appears these companies are reliable but I like what I see from 27won

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
The mishimoto have already a fin on the hot side.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Yea I'm gunna wait to see what the price difference is going to be, Looking at all of these products it appears these companies are reliable but I like what I see from 27won
I was a bit curious as well, however after kytos brought to light that Mishimoto also has the "Fin" integrated into the hot side - then, PRL already has an upgraded Hose Kit that is 3ply better than stock.
I do understand your hesitation in the pricing, but they will all be in the same ballpark of $800-920 for the full kit.
Looking at the R&D of their graphs, the difference is the temp of the Inlet Temp over a long duration of time; but Outlet Temp remained the same. Larger piping only really required for the M/T ladies & gents that are aiming at bigger turbos.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was a bit curious as well, however after kytos brought to light that Mishimoto also has the "Fin" integrated into the hot side - then, PRL already has an upgraded Hose Kit that is 3ply better than stock.
I do understand your hesitation in the pricing, but they will all be in the same ballpark of $800-920 for the full kit.
Looking at the R&D of their graphs, the difference is the temp of the Inlet Temp over a long duration of time; but Outlet Temp remained the same. Larger piping only really required for the M/T ladies & gents that are aiming at bigger turbos.
the mishi at $920 is a sale price. Ive read that was intro pricing and will go to 1150. The PRL IC now comes with a bug predrilled for meth injection as well

OceansX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This just makes it more expensive to mod our cars the Canadian currency exchange is bad

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Resurrecting this thread lol

Does anyone know if the Mishimoto intercooler will fit better than the PRL intercooler with the 27won intake? Or do they bot have fitment issues?

I will likely be keeping the stock pipes if that changes anything

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Does anyone know if the Mishimoto intercooler will fit better than the PRL intercooler with the 27won intake? Or do they bot have fitment issues?

If you are keeping the stock charge pipes you wont have fitment issues period. It's only when you change the charge pipes you have to get a tiny bit creative.

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you are keeping the stock charge pipes you wont have fitment issues period. It's only when you change the charge pipes you have to get a tiny bit creative.
Okay, that was kind of what I had figured but I wanted to double check and make sure before ordering anything

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

have the prl it fits fine have to fight with it alittle to get the mounting brackets on but once they're hand tight it becomes easy to get it all attached. The hoses can be kind of a pain I attacked the hot side first to the IC then mounted it up I loosend it up on the a higher clamp from the top and retightened it when i got it all back in and the grommet inserts can fall off a bit its all just a line up installation give yourself like a 3 hour window can do it faster if you have a lift but I did it from the ground

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
I have the Mishi FMIC with upgraded pipes and the 27won CAI, no fitment issues. I have a friend with the PRL FMIC (the 1st version) and the cold charge pipe rubs in to the filter housing, dont know about the v2.
Sponsored