Intercooler Install Clunking Noise

TiltCtrls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I recently installed a prl intercooler into my 2020 Si and whenever I hit a bump I hear a very large clunking noise in the front of the car. I checked and everything is tightened down correctly and i'm not sure what is making the noise. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

twiggy.ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Hey there - this is a little old, but did you find anything out? Iā€™m having the same issue. Thanks.

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
I had the same problem, almost eliminated all noise using some piece of rubber under the intercooler

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Did you not re-install the stock rubber gourmet that goes on the left and right side. Itā€™s at the bottom edges towards the piping.

twiggy.ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Did you not re-install the stock rubber gourmet that goes on the left and right side. Itā€™s at the bottom edges towards the piping.
The side guides donā€™t actually get re-used, but Iā€™m wondering if not using the lower one has something to do with this.

lowlife.drew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just to get this going again; are you still using the stock chargepipes by chance?

OP
OP
TiltCtrls

TiltCtrls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Honestly i havent found a fix to it, overtime its gotten quieter where i dont hear it as often.
I am still on the stock chargepipes

lowlife.drew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So, I was having a similar if not the same issue. Iā€™m using the stock chargepipes as well. Removed all factory air guides during initial install. I took my bumper off again to check it out cause it was driving me insane. Found out that the intercooler was leaning right against the crashbar/bumper brace. Driver side charpipe also slightly bumped into the subframe where it bends so I put foam there too to be safe. It would rattle like hell at idle and CLUNK anytime I hit a bump in the road. Just stuck a piece of rubber (old gasket I had) in between the intercooler & bar, along with some foam tape on top of the crashbar where the bumper would sit and the noise has been gone ever since. Not 100% sure if the adapters for the stock pipes are the cause for the angle/fitment, since they add like an additional 1/2in. of material, might throw off the position. Will make another post whenever I get around to upgrading the chargepipes. Now itā€™s just straight NVH from my 27Won RMM šŸ™ƒšŸ˜‚ Hopefully this helps you out.
Sponsored