Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
You could lock two nuts on it then try turning it to break loose?But that might break the bolt or bend the flange,just a thought.You could also cut the bolt down and use a heavy punch to knock it out,but if you couldn't get it out you'd be in a pickle with no mounting bolt for the stock exhaust.

Last edited:
OP
OP

16civicFLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-TL, 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies this weekend going to knock it out and install the exhaust!

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
If knocking them out fails, you could always cut them off and drill em out...not the easiest but its cheap lol. This is what I have done when old rusted studs break off.

OP
OP

16civicFLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So my buddy and I decided to try again to install the exhaust instead of over the weekend. What a success! Those bolts in the first picture are tack on and you will NEED a hammer to remove them. We remove that piping and gave it a few good hits and boom they came right off! After that it was a piece of cake installing the rest! The Invidia exhaust sounds amazing! Definitely recommend it and can't wait to get my custom tune done! I am going to get around to post pictures of the car just waiting to install my BC coilovers and wheels over the weekend!

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
Don't forget to get a sound clip! Glad you had success.

Kikuta688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX
Excellent job on this. Really appreciate the pics as well. Have you noticed any significant drop in MPGs after this upgrade? I'm very interested in doing some basic upgrades to my hatch, but I really like the economy/performance balance as it is.

OP
OP

16civicFLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Excellent job on this. Really appreciate the pics as well. Have you noticed any significant drop in MPGs after this upgrade? I'm very interested in doing some basic upgrades to my hatch, but I really like the economy/performance balance as it is.
Yes I have noticed a decrease probably due to it not being tuned with the exhaust. Don't want to spend the money on a tune till a downpipe releases

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Yes I have noticed a decrease probably due to it not being tuned with the exhaust. Don't want to spend the money on a tune till a downpipe releases
Was this car a 1.5 or 2.0? Dont see it mentioned

fc two

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
integra gsr integra ls civic's
Country flag
What kind of exhaust
Sponsored