I bought a J's Racing Exhaust ( It's been modified, what should I do ? )

OP
OP
OrchidFc3

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cheap quiet exhaust options:
Hks legamax
Hks spec l
Awe touring

those 3 come to mind.

the expensive quiet option:
Sequence
Fujitsubo

I personally have the sequence. Not too worried about the cost if its something that is perfect for me.
If the sound deadening don't work I will defiantly try another exhaust. I think a lot has to do with my catless DP also. Might be worth putting in a catted.
Sponsored

Brentp88

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Couldn't pass up the deal lol. They never come up local. I didn't know 27 won made one for the Type R, thought they focused more on the SI.
The 27won exhaust is great, I bought mine a while back and it’s a good sound without being obnoxiously loud or droney. I definitely recommend it.

OP
OP
OrchidFc3

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 27won exhaust is great, I bought mine a while back and it’s a good sound without being obnoxiously loud or droney. I definitely recommend it.
You have catless DP?

OP
OP
OrchidFc3

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stock about to purchase a RV6 down pipe
That is likely why your 27won isn't to loud. I am going to be selling my afe catless dp and fp here soon, going catted prl.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is likely why your 27won isn't to loud. I am going to be selling my afe catless dp and fp here soon, going catted prl.
I had j's racing full ti for 4 days and I took it off... i have aFe catted and aFe fp ... it is loud everywhere.. all rpm.. but it is in cabin rattle that kills it..
I can handle loud and drone but rattling is very annoying.
I can see why previous owner put resonator on it but it counter the benefit of being full ti. Dont think it is good idea.

Dynamat will unlikely to help.. but u can try.

I have ARK now .. it is deep, and loud. I like it as it has some quiet zone for cruising. My butt dyno also feel more power with ARK.
I will change it to HKS spec L soon.
Personally I dont like how 27won exhaust sounds. I like deeper tune.
Just my 2 cents

Honda Civic 10th gen I bought a J's Racing Exhaust ( It's been modified, what should I do ? ) 20200216_001720

Honda Civic 10th gen I bought a J's Racing Exhaust ( It's been modified, what should I do ? ) 20200216_001742

Honda Civic 10th gen I bought a J's Racing Exhaust ( It's been modified, what should I do ? ) 20200216_001639

OP
OP
OrchidFc3

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for the feedback. Mine is not full titanium so having the resonator welded into it doesn't bother me. See I don't notice any rattles it's just pure base tones inside the cabin that are unbearable, I am hoping the deadening may help some. Worse case it's just coming off and gonna try another exhaust for the 3rd time lol.
I was talking to a guy with a ARK and he said i wouldn't like it, so hard to get good reviews without hearing it yourself. Everyone is different, and videos don't pick up on everything. Here is a sound clip of my J's it actually sounds decent on video.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for the feedback. Mine is not full titanium so having the resonator welded into it doesn't bother me. See I don't notice any rattles it's just pure base tones inside the cabin that are unbearable, I am hoping the deadening may help some. Worse case it's just coming off and gonna try another exhaust for the 3rd time lol.
I was talking to a guy with a ARK and he said i wouldn't like it, so hard to get good reviews without hearing it yourself. Everyone is different, and videos don't pick up on everything. Here is a sound clip of my J's it actually sounds decent on video.
If you like j's tone but it is loud all RPM.
Also the special titanium resonate into cabin and vibrate and rattle..
For ARK, It is also loud & Wild. The tone is similar to J's but ARK is quieter cruising between 2.5 -3.5rpm. Rest of the zone is same loud. ARK has a video (purple wrapped type r ), is very accurately displayed how the exhaust sounds like.

If you like deep throaty exhaust like J's,

you can look into the following choice

AWE
aFe Takeda

They are deep tone and throaty but way less or no drone.

HKS Legamax and spec L also no drone and not that loud..

OP
OP
OrchidFc3

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you like j's tone but it is loud all RPM.
Also the special titanium resonate into cabin and vibrate and rattle..
For ARK, It is also loud & Wild. The tone is similar to J's but ARK is quieter cruising between 2.5 -3.5rpm. Rest of the zone is same loud. ARK has a video (purple wrapped type r ), is very accurately displayed how the exhaust sounds like.

If you like deep throaty exhaust like J's,

you can look into the following choice

AWE
aFe Takeda

They are deep tone and throaty but way less or no drone.

HKS Legamax and spec L also no drone and not that loud..
Yeah I love the tone! Oh ok well I have a lot of things to think about. Hopefully I can decide soon, so I can enjoy my car.

OP
OP
OrchidFc3

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
OrchidFc3

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
haha yeah.
its so subjective its really hard to say what suits you unless you hear it in person.
I know that's the problem, and around here there in maybe 6 CTR's lol.. so I have nothing to compare.

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Went from a 27won to Sequence. I would say sequence is very similar to OEM in terms of volume. But, the tone is different and sounds much better to me. 27won sounded good to me as well in terms of tone. But, I couldn't handle the volume in the cabin. For me, sequence was perfect as it's mostly oem volume level until you hit enough boost for the valve to open up. Even then, it's just slightly louder than OEM but noticeable enough. Also, when valve opened on sequence, it was still less loud than the 27won i had on on all RPMs i think.
Sponsored