First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been enjoying my winter driving so far got my big first snow fall had all season tires on i had to make the switch lol because i couldn't go up hills if my life depended on it now i got W80S i would love to know everyone else experience i'm driving a 2016 civic ext 4 door
Sponsored

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
I've been enjoying my winter driving so far got my big first snow fall had all season tires on i had to make the switch lol because i couldn't go up hills if my life depended on it now i got W80S i would love to know everyone else experience i'm driving a 2016 civic ext 4 door

We have two Civics. I swapped some steel winter wheels with Yoko iG52c snow tires on to one of the cars a few days ago. Took a long trip out of town in some pretty bad weather with temps in the single digits. Car handled like a champ. I was taking off at intersections when the light turned green with no problem, and all wheel drive SUVs with crap tires were struggling more than we were in our little Civic. I'm convinced that a FWD car with good winter tires is superior to AWD with crappy all seasons in many cases...especially in regards to braking.

You obviously get it being up north, but here in the lower midwest of the USA, people have no clue regarding the need for dedicated winter tires. They figure, hey, we don't get enough snow. What they don't realize is that their all seasons are basically hard as a rock when it is 10 degrees outside. They wonder why their traction sucks. lol

The Blizzaks you got are top notch winter tires. Probably a smidge better than the ones I bought. I got such a good price on the Yokos that I went that route, since our weather is nowhere near as bad as yours, and running any winter tire at all puts you ahead of 99% of Kansas City drivers. If I lived where you do, I'd have ponied up the extra cash.

ElGatoGordo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX CBM
Getting my Blizzaks put on tomorrow. I live in Utah so I will be able to really put them to the test...

OP
OP
VIto416

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Getting my Blizzaks put on tomorrow. I live in Utah so I will be able to really put them to the test...
honestly the tires are amazing but this is my first car first winter first time driving in the winter lol but i must say im pretty good compared to a lot of people

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't seen any snow yet here in Southeastern PA... Well, none that stuck to the road anyway...

One thing I have noticed though, since the temps have dropped my MPGs have suffered greatly. More so than any other car I've ever owned. I was getting about 41 MPG per tank and now I am down to about 36-37. I know part of this is the winter blend gas, but I've never noticed such a drop.

I have about 4,500 miles on the ODO.

OP
OP
VIto416

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haven't seen any snow yet here in Southeastern PA... Well, none that stuck to the road anyway...

One thing I have noticed though, since the temps have dropped my MPGs have suffered greatly. More so than any other car I've ever owned. I was getting about 41 MPG per tank and now I am down to about 36-37. I know part of this is the winter blend gas, but I've never noticed such a drop.

I have about 4,500 miles on the ODO.
Yeah I've noticed a big drop to
Sponsored