How to torque down rear sway bar endlink nut?

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey y'all,

Does anyone know how to properly torque down the rear sway bar endlink nut? I have a Whiteline 22mm RSB installed with OEM endlinks (removed Whiteline Adjustable endlinks, the threads got completely marred and sheared, after 3 days). I used a 14 mm wrench and an allen key to tighten it as best as I can and it doesn't budge at all.

I'm trying to figure out how to torque them down to the proper 57 ft lb measurement.

To ensure I don't get any clunking or noises, how do / should I torque them down?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cdumpert

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic SI
Country flag
Add washers, 27Won makes a P.s. note about it on their install video. That being said, I still haven't gone back and added them myself...

OP
OP
FC1Dawn

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I got a washer on only the nut sides. The other side has a metal surface, which should be fine. I did a test drive and didn't hear any clunking / noises.

I just don't know how to torque the end link nuts down to 57 ft lb.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like you said, use the Allen key so it doesn't spin when you tighten it. If you use a regular 7" box wrench or 3/8 drive rachet 57 ft lbs is about as tight as you can turn for reference. If you use a 1/2" rachet you're going above 57 ft lbs I'd guess.

Mine came off multiple times untill I added lock washers on the flat washers. You should absolutely use a lock washer on them so they don't work loose! A spring washer is like 5¢ at the hardware store. I think they're m8 or m10 I forget.

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
I got a washer on only the nut sides. The other side has a metal surface, which should be fine. I did a test drive and didn't hear any clunking / noises.

I just don't know how to torque the end link nuts down to 57 ft lb.
If you want to torque it accurately, use a crow foot socket along with the Allen key.
Sponsored