Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
My nine-year old son got in the back of my two week old CTR this afternoon when I picked him up at school. As I pulled into the driveway three minutes later, he asked me, Daddy, what's this? I get out and come around to the back, and he's pointing to the tweeter on the passenger side rear door. I run my hand over the grill and notice that it's been pushed in, like with a nine-year old's finger. I resisted every bad thought that popped into my head, with great effort. Then he told me it was like that when he got in. :/

No damage to the tweeter, but it's going to drive me nuts until I can remove the grill and push it back into shape. I'm sure it's just a matter of releasing a few clips, but if anybody knows how to do it, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!
Sponsored

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
panel has to come out...there are couple of videos on youtube on panel removal.
My nine-year old son got in the back of my two week old CTR this afternoon when I picked him up at school. As I pulled into the driveway three minutes later, he asked me, Daddy, what's this? I get out and come around to the back, and he's pointing to the tweeter on the passenger side rear door. I run my hand over the grill and notice that it's been pushed in, like with a nine-year old's finger. I resisted every bad thought that popped into my head, with great effort. Then he told me it was like that when he got in. :/

No damage to the tweeter, but it's going to drive me nuts until I can remove the grill and push it back into shape. I'm sure it's just a matter of releasing a few clips, but if anybody knows how to do it, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
:lol: I’m sorry.. lol :doh: I don’t have kids yet.. I have a niece and nephews. I can imagine how furious I’d be lol but hey, at least you know it’s repairable! Plus you’ll get to learn how to remove the door panel now too haha good luck man

OP
OP

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
:lol: I’m sorry.. lol :doh: I don’t have kids yet.. I have a niece and nephews. I can imagine how furious I’d be lol but hey, at least you know it’s repairable! Plus you’ll get to learn how to remove the door panel now too haha good luck man
Yeah, that's the way I'm looking at it. I found a video last night, doesn't look too bad. I'm going to try to do it tonight. But when he got in the car this morning to go to school, I was like, don't touch ANYTHING.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Yeah, that's the way I'm looking at it. I found a video last night, doesn't look too bad. I'm going to try to do it tonight. But when he got in the car this morning to go to school, I was like, don't touch ANYTHING.
lol...kids will always be kids. It's something you can remember your kids by. Anyways, glad you've found the video :)

OP
OP

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, that was sort of a pain in the ass. Got the door panel off without much trouble, and removed the tweeter, but it turns out the tweeter is a sealed unit, including the grill, so there's no way to separate the grill from the speaker. I ended up improvising with a thin piece of wire, bent it like a fish hook, and threaded it through the bent part of the grill to pull it back out. It's not perfect, but better than it was, so I put everything back together and called it a day.

Of course, in retrospect I could have done that without taking the door apart, but then I wouldn't know how to take the door apart.

sushi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type R
Well, that was sort of a pain in the ass. Got the door panel off without much trouble, and removed the tweeter, but it turns out the tweeter is a sealed unit, including the grill, so there's no way to separate the grill from the speaker. I ended up improvising with a thin piece of wire, bent it like a fish hook, and threaded it through the bent part of the grill to pull it back out. It's not perfect, but better than it was, so I put everything back together and called it a day.

Of course, in retrospect I could have done that without taking the door apart, but then I wouldn't know how to take the door apart.
I would have pushed them all in to look alike lol. After reading this thread, I found it hard not to push mine in.