How do I remove the Type R plate from the carpeted floor mats?

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
Hi guys,

I just got my Weathertech floor mats and noticed that their branded plate is about the same size as the Type R plate from the carpeted floor mats I'm replacing. So my question is how do I remove the plate from the carpeted floor mats. I was thinking of transferring them to the Weathertechs. I noticed they're locked in place on the underside of the mat by two pins and a backing plate. I think the Weathertech plate is just glued on and hopefully I can just pry that off without issue. Has anyone done this kind of swap before? Any tips or tricks to it?
Sponsored

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't looked on mine, but is the plate attached with rivets? You will probably have to cut them off, sand down anything sticking up off the back, then glue it on.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Hi guys,

I just got my Weathertech floor mats and noticed that their branded plate is about the same size as the Type R plate from the carpeted floor mats I'm replacing. So my question is how do I remove the plate from the carpeted floor mats. I was thinking of transferring them to the Weathertechs. I noticed they're locked in place on the underside of the mat by two pins and a backing plate. I think the Weathertech plate is just glued on and hopefully I can just pry that off without issue. Has anyone done this kind of swap before? Any tips or tricks to it?
Wow, that's an awesome idea.

Lucky for you, my Type R plate from the passenger side spontaneously came off on one side. As a result, I can show you this photo.

Honda Civic 10th gen How do I remove the Type R plate from the carpeted floor mats? IMG_4062.JPG

It looked to me like you can pry it off (and put back) fairly easily. I didn't see any adhesives, and it didn't have screw threads.

bundy2112

Honda Owner, Toyota Tech
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 96 Camry, 16 Honda Fury
Country flag
I had the same idea, ended up doin this to my mats today, dirty I know getting a bath tomorrow.
Honda Civic 10th gen How do I remove the Type R plate from the carpeted floor mats? mat
Honda Civic 10th gen How do I remove the Type R plate from the carpeted floor mats? mat 2

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
The emblems are held on by rivets but are easy to remove. Just use a flat head screwdriver or a trim removal tool to pry off the two buttons on the back of the mat (eye protection is recommended lol). I transferred the OEM emblems to my Maxpider mats.

markq218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion tC, 2019 PMM CTR
Country flag
The emblems are held on by rivets but are easy to remove. Just use a flat head screwdriver or a trim removal tool to pry off the two buttons on the back of the mat (eye protection is recommended lol). I transferred the OEM emblems to my Maxpider mats.
I want to do this to my Maxpider mats too. Any pics?? Thanks!

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I did this too, I pried them off with a pair of side cutters, to keep the pressure even across the button. A few of the "teeth" were bent but they're soft and I pushed them back into position. I then marked my Faux WT mat to the approximate position and drilled a couple of holes, and they fit reasonably well.

Honda Civic 10th gen How do I remove the Type R plate from the carpeted floor mats? IMG_4469