Chris3k2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Ok. I don't know if i'm just being dumb, but how do I flash the TSP Stage 1 tune? I've downloaded the calibration I was sent from TSP. I have Ktuner installed and I loaded the TSP calibration. what do I do from here? I thought I flashed it right but I honestly don't feel the difference between how the car responded stock. The biggest thing I don't understand is how I get the multiple tunes.

Do I upload the calibration file to all 3 tune slots and choose the 3rd slot to flash from Tunerview app? or did I do it right by just uploading to the 1st tune slot? I've read the instructions to how to flash from Ktuner's tutorial but I haven't seen an explanation from TSP of which slot their tune belongs in or how to upload all 3 (factory, a bit more aggressive, most aggressive) of their maps. Thanks for any help that can be provided. I did try to search for this but didn't find anything.
Sponsored

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you flash the Tune, the default Map is Map 1. The maps are listed below.

• Map 1: Factory boost levels and turbocharger response.
  • Map 2: 19psi normal, 21psi "Sport" mode, Improved Turbocharger Response II
  • Map 3: 19psi normal, custom boost level "Sport" mode, Improved Turbocharger Response II

To Change the maps, press the Cruise Control Cancel Button for 3 seconds. You'll see the Tachometer go to 1 (1K RPM). That's your current Map. Press the up button on the Cruise Control Side until it goes to 3K. Then press and hold cancel for 3 seconds and your tach will go back to normal. From there, you'll notice the difference.

Put the car in Sport mode and do a pull in 3rd gear. ;)

OP
OP

Chris3k2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
ok. so if I'm getting this right. Basically the TSP Stage 1 tune can be placed in any of the tune slots (1-5) on the Ktuner device. In order for me to actually access the different maps I have to do on the fly switching. And when I first flash the TSP tune it defaults to Map 1? is that correct.

How you described it makes a lot more sense to me. I guess the biggest confusion came from me using tune, calibration, and maps interchangeably when that isn't the case.

Honda Hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
ok. so if I'm getting this right. Basically the TSP Stage 1 tune can be placed in any of the tune slots (1-5) on the Ktuner device. In order for me to actually access the different maps I have to do on the fly switching. And when I first flash the TSP tune it defaults to Map 1? is that correct.

How you described it makes a lot more sense to me. I guess the biggest confusion came from me using tune, calibration, and maps interchangeably when that isn't the case.
Just to be clear, each tune in the latest Ktuner can have 3 different tune settings within it, accessed via the button combination.

When you use the button combo, you aren't changing between tunes 1 - 5, instead you're changing between the 3 different settings in that one tune that has been loaded.

Honda must have put a lot of extra flash storage in the ECU to allow this! Each "tune" can actually fit three different tunes within it.

OP
OP

Chris3k2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
thank you everybody for all the help. I got everything figured out earlier this morning. I can now notice the difference and it is huge. Awesome stuff and just thrilled with Ktuner and TSP.

thewestisblue

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
can you change maps while driving or only when stopped?