First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone, so im having trouble installing my TSP stage 1 tune onto my ktuner. I've had the Ktuner since brand new (bought straight from TSP) and it came with their stage one tune which i received in my email. I had trouble installing the tune onto my car (im still a newbie) and got it to finally install. I just realized today (like 3 months later) that im running on a ktuner base map tune and now im trying to install the TSP tune.

So, I follow the instructions on the website, download the tune onto my desktop screen, go to "open tune" and it shows me this screen:

This tune is partially locked from editing and tuning maps may not be visible. The top of the main window will indicate a file is open with the words 'new file' or a file name

I'm not sure if the file is locked? But when i go into ktuner and have it hooked up to my car, only base maps show

Honda Civic 10th gen Need help installing TSP stage 1 TSP problem
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That is correct. Locked just means you can only tweak a few things unlike the Ktuner base tunes that allow to tweak more. Normal.

OP
OP
pkwon121

pkwon121

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is correct. Locked just means you can only tweak a few things unlike the Ktuner base tunes that allow to tweak more. Normal.
So how do i go on about installing the tune? Because the only options i see are base maps

View attachment 179819

Honda Civic 10th gen Need help installing TSP stage 1 Base right

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
hit Ctrl+O and select the TSP tune then upload it to your ktuner

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
That's not a issue? what are you trying to do. TSP tunes are locked so you can't edit the tables except for a few limited ones.

hit OK then upload the tune

OP
OP
pkwon121

pkwon121

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So im just really dumb,
Thanks for the help everyone

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Welcome to ktuner. We all go through this. The learning curve sucks, but we all get through it. TSP Stg1 map is glorious. Enjoy. But go easy for the first tank of fuel, let the ECU learn a bit before you start burying the pedal. Also avoid boost in gears 4 and above if you have a manual. The stock clutch will last longer.

OP
OP
pkwon121

pkwon121

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
RIP i just went for some 4th gear 70mph pulls... but i do love the Ktuner and i will make sure i drive good until my next tank!

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
RIP i just went for some 4th gear 70mph pulls... but i do love the Ktuner and i will make sure i drive good until my next tank!
If you like your clutch, avoid WOT in 4th. You will get better acceleration results from 3rd anyway.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Install tunerview on an android device, or tunerviewlite on your headunit via hondahack and a usb stick. Keep an eye on your k.control, LTFT STFT and IAT.

It is a great tune, most of us are running it. But it is a good idea to monitor how it is running via the available software options.
Sponsored