First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got some advice in another thread on tracing a problem I'm currently having with the car from me an error code of p0793 for a faulty transmission sensor. The car stays in limp home mode currently.

It was suggested the other thread that I test or replace these two sensors on my CVT (SEE DIAGRAMS)

I just wondered if anybody had any advice on accessing these two sensors since they are not the easiest two to get to on that CVT?

I think the one on the front of the casing I can get to from underneath the car.

But the one on top of the casing to the left rear... I'm not certain of without removing a whole bunch of other stuff to get there. So any suggestions would be appreciated or guidance from YouTube videos or other sources. Thanks in advance!

Honda Civic 10th gen How to access transmission sensors on 1.5L Turbo Civic EX hatchback Section 1 copy

Honda Civic 10th gen How to access transmission sensors on 1.5L Turbo Civic EX hatchback Section 2 copy

pwnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Remove airbox and battery and you'll probably be able to access both.

I know it's different, but the sensors are actually in really similar spots. When dropping the transmission on the Si, both sensors are easily accessible after removing those two items.

OP
OP
itbedave

itbedave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Remove airbox and battery and you'll probably be able to access both.

I know it's different, but the sensors are actually in really similar spots. When dropping the transmission on the Si, both sensors are easily accessible after removing those two items.
The front sensor is below and left of the air box. I was able to unplug the connector from underneath. Getting a socket on it is a different problem.

The one on the top left back is closer to the fuel rail. There's nothing under the battery tray in my CVT that I need to access.
Sponsored